This Black History Month, Sportsnet is creating space for an all-star line up of Black writers, photographers, and filmmakers to tell the stories that matter most to them. New stories will drop every Wednesday in February across digital, social and TV platforms. Check out some of the great content that’s coming your way this month:
- A personal essay from Tessa McWatt on hockey, belonging, skating and freedom
- Video profile of Masai Ujiri on the evolution of his Giants of Africa charity, rise of African-born NBA players, and cultural changes since George Floyd’s death
- Q&A and photo essay with HCT Hoops founder Ransford Brempong and coach Jarryn Skeete
- A sit-down conversation between Hockey Hall of Fame goaltender Grant Fuhr and Sportsnet’s Christine Simpson on Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey
- Combining conversation and great food, Sportsnet’s Cabral Richards and Donnovan Bennett sit down with hockey trailblazer Saroya Tinker and Grey Cup MVP Henoc Muamba for We Eatin’, a four-part content series featuring roundtable discussion and cuisine from historically Black regions of the world
- Dive deeper into the people, stories, and experiences throughout Black History Month by tuning in to Going Deep with Donnovan Bennett on Sportsnet 590 The FAN and on-demand at sportsnet.ca.
Across Rogers Sports & Media, editorial teams have made a continuous commitment to air diverse and inclusive content throughout the year by highlighting topics and experts from underserved and under-represented communities across Canada.
This month on Cityline, you can watch Revolutionnaire co-founders Nia and Justice Faith and a performance by Dae The Poet. Additionally, catch the Black Diamond Ball Gala on Citytv on Sunday, March 5 at 5 p.m. across all stations.