cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE in Kelowna?

LoWd0Wn
I'm here a lot

Any idea when LTE is arriving in Kelowna? Can't wait - hopefully it will chnage my reception . I live right downtown and I always loose calls. It is horrible. Never used to be that way. It must be saturated now. Not sure if LTE will help calls but - just hoping!!

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LTE in Kelowna?

Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi LoWd0Wn,

LTE is available in Kelowna, check our coverage map to see if it's available in your area specifically 🙂

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless_network?setLanguage=en&cm_mmc=Redirects-_-Consumer_Wirele...

Rogers_Kate

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi LoWd0Wn,

LTE is available in Kelowna, check our coverage map to see if it's available in your area specifically 🙂

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless_network?setLanguage=en&cm_mmc=Redirects-_-Consumer_Wirele...

Rogers_Kate

Thanks Yes I see that it is available now.

drlarsen
I plan to stick around

Is there some way to report wireless coverage problems to Rogers? I've looked all over and can't find a way to do it. I assume they'd like to know where the gaps are.

In Kelowna, there's a new shopping centre on Kane Rd (the one containing Coopers Foods). The whole area is a complete dead zone eventhough the coverage map shows LTE. Outside in the parking lot, my phone (Galaxy S3) shows Edge service, but it doesn't actually work at all. I had to walk over to the Starbucks and use their WiFi in order to send a picture to my wife.

Second major problem is in West Kelowna on Jok Mar Ct. The coverage map shows 4G but there is zero service, not even for voice calls. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even make an emergency call as scanning for network shows nothing at all.

And just so you don't think it's a problem with my phone, I know several others on Rogers having the same problem, particularly wih the shopping centre. Telus does not have a coverage problem there, so I think being a popular location for area residents it should be a priority to fix.

lodgechad
I've been around

Hello Rogers

Im starting this thread in hopes to make waves in the rogers community here in kelowna, the service within the city is unaccecptable.. I live in glenmore, an LTE coverage area an I cannot make complete phone calls. I have multiple phones with multiple lines an NO ROGERS the problem isnt with my hardware. Im also a ************* for a similer company using the same network.. I cannot count on both hands how many times within a week I get told about  poor coverage areas within the city. I have complained, open "tickets" on the matter with zero follow up or action. This to me is pathetic. I do not for a second think a cell phone tower cost more then the customers your loosing.. And your loosing allot.. 

Anyways, KELOWNA.. Please please please.. complain, demand bill credits, make this a problem so one day we get a solution.. 

yes Rogers was fine since I moved to Kelowna in 2008.  In the past year service near the Hospital (in the centre of town!) has been terrible.  1-2 bars of reception and often dropped calls or where only one side can hear.

I will change providers if it doesn't improve ASAP.

Yes LTE is in Kelowna but it made my reception worse instead of better. I called into Rogers and the tech told me to to turn off LTE as that would help. Well now I am back to the terrible service I had before LTE. I was hoping it wouild fix it but it hasn't.

I have spoken to a lot of people in that Abbott St/Lake to the Hospital and they all tell me the same and in fact it gets worse past the hosital.

Can you believe it switched from LTE to 3G to Edge in just over 2 blocks.

In my discussiopns with friends and neighbors they are telling me that they are all switching to Telus as they said they get better service from them as the are a western company and are putting in more towers to help in Kelowna.

So I had a friend with Telus as their provider for their cell phone come over and sure enough their receptioon was 3-4 bars where I barely had one.

Rogers better fix this soon as someone who has been with them for 20 years is going ot leave too.

AlexLab
I've been around

Rogers service is still absolutely brutal in Kelowna.

I'm going to be leaving in the next two days, my small business is taking our business to Bell. Experiencing dropped calls when you're in residential areas in Kelowna shouldn't happen in 2014.

Figure it out Rogers. Today, I called technical support, and of course he blames it on my phone, and then went ahead and "refreshed my network settings" and asked me to analyze my phone over the next 24 hours. Just pass the blame eh Mr. Technician.

What a joke.

My friend uses Bell and we compare our phones all the time. He gets dropped calls too. In areas I dont but I get them in areas that he doesn't.

I have upgraded my phone every few years and have found the phone in this new digital age has a lot to do with reception.

As I get updates I find my phone service gets better too,

I have the iphone 5 and since about Nov I am getting pretty darn good reception everywhere now.

All the phone companies have their own issues. Bell's invoicing is a night mare. My friend  did not get regular bills for about 8 months from joining them. Every bill was differnt. They kept saying they would fix it but it took a long time. Bell uses Telus towers out west here.

Anyway food for thought.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Lte especially, can be a mixed bag.
Lte signal do not travel anywhere near as far as 3G, so depending on tower layout can not always have full coverage.
(Yes putting up more towers would help but that can be a whole other kettle of fish to try and get those passed)

While the spectrum sale wasn't what it was originally intended for... And the little guys sort of lost... At least for Rogers/bell customers, once implemented will mean better signals as the 700 spectrum goes much farther.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello Alexlab

Its not only Rogers, its Bell as well. It seems all all carries down there do not maintain their towers / upgrade them for you guys. The technician can only say / do much as they aren't told many things. That is why they blame the phone. They really need to Pay more attention to the places that need some working down.

infernovideo
I've been here awhile

One bar in Kelowna on iPhone 7?

Hi, I live in the central city part of Kelowna near Ethel and Sutherland. the Rogers site tells me I should get excellent coverage both inside and outside on all networks from 2g to LTE but yet I only get one bar on my new iPohne 7 outside in my yard. (it was the same on my 5s) What is this about? my data speeds are sooo slowww it's barely worth using. I have a plan with six gigs of data and I can't use it! How come the tool online is not accurate? And what should I do to let Rogers know I'm not happy. It's not like I'm on the fringe of a network out in the middle of nowhere, I'm in the central city of the largest towns in BC. Thanks

Hi @infernovideo,

Welcome to the Community!

I can certainly relate; Always having the best coverage is ideal to stay connected at all times.

The issue you've mentioned, is it only restricted to your yard? Are you able to use your device without issues everywhere else? Any other cellphone users in your household experiencing this too?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

infernovideo
I've been here awhile

I'm not asking for, as you put it "the best coverage". I wouldn't expect that from rogers and it seams like neither would you? It would be nice to get 2-3 bars out of five, I think I would call that average or mediocre coverage...

I've noticed poor service in a 3 block area around our neighbourhood in the central city. I haven't checked every nook. I would expect the owner of the network to know more about it than me.

Hi @infernovideo,

The more information we have the easier it is to identify the root cause. I would recommend you to report your network issue via the MyRogers App or online here. You can find NetworkAid under Help&Support in the MyRogers App.

RogersZia

infernovideo
I've been here awhile

Yes, thank you I've done that a couple times over the years. nothing has changed. I wanted to see if other were talking about the issue.

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 in conversation