cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR - cannot send MMS messages "Not Delivered", but can receive them

tupe1
I've been here awhile

Hey all,

I have done about everything and I am on the verge of giving up. I have an iPhone XR 128gb, and I cannot send picture messages via text, it always comes up as "Not Delivered". I can receive them though, and I can send messages through text, but not any media.

Things I have tried (so dont tell me to try lol):

- call Apple

- call Rogers

- call Rogers again

- Reset Network Settings

- Reset Phone

- Make sure SMS is on

- Make sure MMS messaging is on

- Make sure Cellular Data is on

- Make sure I have this feature with my plan (Yes I do)

Background info: This was happening with my iPhone 7 as well, and I thought it would be fixed when I got my new iPhone XR, but it still is not working. 

It is very irritating as I have tried everything. If anyone has new suggestions or a solution, please let me know ASAP!!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: iPhone XR - cannot send MMS messages "Not Delivered", but can receive them

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @tupe1!

I appreciate you letting us know what steps have been done thus far. It certainly sounds like it's been a bit of an unfortunate ordeal for you! There is light at the end of the tunnel though, I assure you :). It's possible, given that this is a pre-existing issue on another device, this may require escalating a ticket to our network team. Before we go down that avenue though can you confirm the following for me?

Can you turn off iMessage, then send an MMS message to yourself then let us know if that comes through or fails?

Thanks!

RogersAndy

tupe1
I've been here awhile
Hi, yes I have tried that as well and it didn’t work. I have talked to Rogers and they have created a ticket and will get back to me. Was just seeing if any other iPhone users could relate!! Thank you though 🙂

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
@tupe1

Was the network team able to resolve your issue?

MCepeda
I've been around

Hello,

I’ve got a new iPhone XR and for some reason I can’t send picture MMS. I’ve tried to reset the network settings, turning off and on iMessages and MMS messages options. I’ve been in contact with live chat support and nothing works.

Can anyone relate? Has anyone found a solution?

Thank you!

Hello, @MCepeda

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Before WhatsApp, I sent a lot of MMS so I can understand how frustrating it is dealing with this "Not Delivered" error message.

Can you confirm the size of the picture you are trying to send via MMS? Did you purchase your devices from Rogers or a Rogers branded retailer or did you get it from a third-party? Please ensure your iPhone XR software and carrier settings are on the latest version.

Can you post your APN settings for the Community to review and ensure it is set up properly for MMS to work? You can post a screenshot in your reply to this message. Please redact any personal information from the screenshots.

Please Click Here to see the APN settings for the Rogers Network.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation