cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS on iOS

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor
Hi,

I'm on iOS Beta 3 and so far, Bell, Telus and Freedom have RCS enabled. Do you guys plan on activating the feature in the near future?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: RCS on iOS

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can confirm it's working between an Android device and an iPhone with the latest iPhoneOS (Beta 4)

Typing Indicators work

Delivered/Read receipts work

Higher quality images and videos

Reactions work

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
RCS is available on Rogers for Android. RCS has been available since iOS 18 beta 2. Whether or not it works on Rogers. I have no idea. However, it being a beta build. Can you confirm the issue is with Rogers and not the beta?

TwitchyPuppy
RCS on iOS has been available, in the US only, since Beta 2.
Beta 3 has introduced it to Canada, and the issue is with Rogers since Telus, Bell, Freedom and Videotron have it (source: Family members, friends and coworkers).

ddn2003
I plan to stick around
I’m on the iOS 18 Public Beta and RCS still isn’t enabled.

TwitchyPuppy
Yup.. In the next Beta, I hope 😅

LordDrakkon
Ahhh. You buy your devices in Canada. We are way too far behind on things for me to do that and devices are significantly cheaper south of the border. Like satellite connectivity as an example. Have you asked support to reprovision your device to see if that gets it working?

Bell/Telus is T-Mobile USA's and Verizon's roaming partner so that might explain why it has been rolled out. AT&T is the one carrier down south I refuse to do business with because they are as anti-BYOD as Telus is for Canada.

TwitchyPuppy
I noticed they end up more expensive, due to the conversion rate.
And I asked support to do just that and they either have no clue what I'm talking about or they tell me to wait for the official iOS 18 release, since RCS is still a Beta feature and "might not work".

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The word is, the next iPhoneOS 18 beta will have support for Rogers

The current one It works on Bellus (Telus and Bell) but not Rogers

LordDrakkon
The conversion rate definitely sucks but you can usually find better promotions and deals south of the border. Where you really save, is on the tax.

The Canadian betas and US ones are different. The US betas usually start a month or so earlier but almost always contain features for Canadian and Mexican carriers as well.

TwitchyPuppy
Hopefully!
And yeah it currently works on Bellus, Videotron and Freedom 😜

TwitchyPuppy
Yep! Tax can make you save a lot of dough!!

A reprovision won’t help, it’s simply not available just yet. It’s speculated to be included in the next beta, fingers crossed!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My cousin is an apple tester, he will try the new beta that just came out a few days ago

Anyone can become an Apple tester, I’m on latest dev preview and it does not support Rogers RCS yet.

Here’s hoping for the next!

ddn2003
I plan to stick around
I am on the Public Beta and it’s not enabled yet

TwitchyPuppy
Same! And yeah the last update, a couple days ago, was just a re-release to fix some bugs.

Arth2024
I've been here awhile

The RCS toggle is now showing on my iPhone (Developer Beta 4). However, not sure how to test it. When I try texting my Android friend it still says: "Text Message - SMS".

ddn2003
I plan to stick around
1. To verify Rogers is supporting RCS, go into the Settings app on the iPhone. Then go to General —> About. Scroll down to the carrier info and tap on Carrier. It should show Voice, SMS and RCS. Mine only shows Voice and SMS.

2. To send an RCS message, both devices need to support it.

TwitchyPuppy

It did for me at first too, but it's working now 😁

And I can confirm it's also functional with Fido!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Though I am not an Apple user at this time, I have a cousin who is and has Developer Beta 4 and uses Rogers. He has agreed to test it with me tomorrow. I will report my findings once we figure this out.

JakeyPrime
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
Can confirm working on latest IOS 18 Beta!
I have yet to find a green bubble to actually test but I’m seeing the message bar to some users saying RCS instead of SMS.
I also have the option inside of my message app, but as stated previously, going into phone settings, then about, then clicking cellular; does not show RCS enabled, but it does work and does show as active with Rogers.
Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 24 Likes
  • 7 in conversation