cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing iphone from Apple (existing Rogers customer)

digitalterry
I plan to stick around

We have an older iPhone 8 that is active on our Rogers wireless account.  We're ready to upgrade to an iPhone 14 and I see that Apple's price is a little bit less than Rogers is.  If I order the device from Apple, I know the SIM card in the iPhone 8 won't support 5G.  Will I need to go to the Rogers store to get a new SIM card or does the iPhone 14 come with an eSIM and I'll just need to call Rogers to activate the phone on the account?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Purchasing iphone from Apple (existing Rogers customer)

RogersMoin

Hello, @digitalterry.

Thanks for being a member of our Community; we are glad you are here. 😃

If you were to order the new device through us, it will come with a new SIM card. However, you may not get a SIM when ordered directly through Apple. 

Your current SIM should still work even if it's non-5G. It's recommended to get a 5G SIM from the Store. Please make an appointment at a Store convenient for you to get either an eSIM or a regular 5G SIM card. 

FYI - you need a 5G compatible plan to experience the 5G network. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Purchasing iphone from Apple (existing Rogers customer)

RogersMoin

Hello, @digitalterry.

Thanks for being a member of our Community; we are glad you are here. 😃

If you were to order the new device through us, it will come with a new SIM card. However, you may not get a SIM when ordered directly through Apple. 

Your current SIM should still work even if it's non-5G. It's recommended to get a 5G SIM from the Store. Please make an appointment at a Store convenient for you to get either an eSIM or a regular 5G SIM card. 

FYI - you need a 5G compatible plan to experience the 5G network. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation