cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see 5G icon on iPhone 12 Pro

rooster021
I've been here awhile

How do i know that my connection has connected to 5G? I have been in multiple 5g locations in Calgary, my settings are set at 5 G only, and yet can’t see visible sign like with competitors indicating on top a 5 G connection. Anything further to do in setttings or do i have to register somewhere at Rogers to activate 5G. They already know that i am using my 5g iphone. Thanks

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cannot see 5G icon on iPhone 12 Pro

RogersTony

Hello, @rooster021

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how exciting it is to have access to the faster speeds available via the 5G network.

In order to access the 5G network on Rogers, you just need to have a 5G device, subscribe to a Rogers Infinite plan, and be in a 5G coverage area. You can learn more about it by visiting www.rogers.com/5g 

If you are not subscribed to a Rogers Infinite plan please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get you set up. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

rooster021
I've been here awhile
Hi RogersTony,, thanks for your reply. Your answer does not actually answer the question I am asking. I do have all the prerequisites,, the right phone,, the right settings, Is there not an actual 5G icon that appears somewhere near the top of my iPhone to indicate at any point in time when my phone IS connected to 5G.? I can appreciate your 5G coverage may be not available in some areas of Calgary, however, when I am in a strong 5G signal area,, I would actually like to know that my phone is receiving 5G signal at that time. I came over from a competitor that would show the 5G signal ,, and when there was only LTE would go back to showing the LTE icon. Thanks

rooster021
I've been here awhile

Thanks,, I have started to see the actual 5G icon, or symbol appearing right top of my iPhone.. Seems like it has taken a while to appear, Thanks,, all is good now.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation