cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch registration not working

vmullan
I'm here a lot

New Apple Watch 6. Trying to register on phone through Watch app. Get to MyRogers signin page to activate cellular service on my watch. I enter my userid and password and press "Sign in" but have been getting "Sorry there's an issue on our end. Thanks for your patience while we fix it. Please check back later.". I've been seeing this since last week and it's still there today (Monday). The userid and password are correct. I have a Rogers Infinite plan to share the watch with. And of course the watch is cellular capable.

Any info?

***EDITED LABELS***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Apple watch registration not working

RogersMoin

Hello, @vmullan.

Congratulations on your new Apple Watch Series 6, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Sorry for the delayed response; were you able to activate your watch since you have posted? We can look into your MyRogers sign-in issue and help complete activating your Apple Watch. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I called Support. The first person said “try a different browser” I had to tell her this is a Watch app not a browser. That got me to another support person after a 35 minute wait. After about 25 minutes of trying things apparently there is something wrong with my profile. They will fix it within 6 business days. (Why not fix it today? Why not right now?) I have not heard back yet. I switched to Rogers from a Fido for the watch plan and I have yet to be able to use it. Not overly impressed so far.

Hey @vmullan!

Well this is certainly not the experience we'd have intended for you! I do hope it's been resolved but in the event it has not yet, feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps at your convenience and we can take a look into the progress on your open ticket. Have you received any updates as of yet?

For more information on our PM system you can check out our blog here.

@RogersAndy

Nope nothing. Ticket C160292021.

Chanelxtra
I've been here awhile
Was your ticket resolved? I’m having the same issue.

Yes. Reset your password in the MyRogers site and try again through the watch app using the new password. That worked for me. Let everyone know if this worked for you.

Chanelxtra
I've been here awhile
Thank you for your reply. It definitely did lead to me fixing my problem. When I clicked “forgot my password” to reset it, what I realized I was doing wrong was I was putting in a common username that I use without adding the email (@...) part of it at the end, which is why it wasn’t logging in properly. Now my watch is activating. Thanks so much!

Chanelxtra
I've been here awhile
Now I have an issue where I’m signed up for the smartwatch plan, but under cellular on the watch it says “no connection”. I can’t get it to connect to cellular.

I’m not qualified to help in that area but it’s possible you need approved for a second line, or you have to wait for them to approve the line for you after signing up the watch ( in which case the issue may resolve itself if you wait a while). I had two lines (iPhone and iPad cellular) and Rogers mentioned they had to ok the third device as they helped solve the original issue. If it doesn’t resolve itself by tomorrow You should contact Rogers and walk through the issue with them. Sorry that’s all I have to offer. Let people know the outcome.

Chanelxtra
I've been here awhile
You’ve been so helpful, thank you.

Is this still an issue? I've been trying to activate an Apple Watch with Rogers for 2 weeks now. The Watch app just loads the activation page forever.

Hello @NinjaLawyer,

Thanks so much for joining us here in the Rogers community! Hopefully, you'll find this forum helpful. I understand that you've been experiencing some issues when trying to get your new Apple Watch activated. We'll do our best to assist! 😊

Just to start off, in order to register and link your Apple Watch to your iPhone, you'll need to have an iPhone 6, SE or newer and the latest version of iOS installed for both your iPhone and Apple Watch. Also, please make sure you've been approved for the additional line on your Rogers wireless account before you get started and that you've successfully paired the watch to your iPhone.

What happens when you attempt to open the Watch app on your iPhone to register? Are you able to get to the login screen and successfully log in with your MyRogers Username and Password? (If you have not yet registered for an online profile, please do so here). Do you get bumped out, receive an error message, or does it just hang?

To get step-by-step instructions on how to register and link your Apple Watch to your iPhone, please click here. It also provides screen shots for reference as well!

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation