cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G APN Settings

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

Hi!

I actually have 2 APN related questions, first one being as follows: My iPad 8th Gen’s APN shows lteinternet.apn while my iPhone 12 shows ltedata.apn, does it really matter, connection wise?
And the second one being: What APN do I need to enter, in my phone, to get access to 5G? It’s available where I live.

Thanks!

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 5G APN Settings

Hi again @TwitchyPuppy!  

If you're in a covered area, the most likely culprit here is that the HSPA+ or 4G LTE network signal is stronger.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersZia

Hi @TwitchyPuppy,

Are you actually experiencing any issues connecting to the LTE network with either of your devices? You can check out our Rogers APN Settings knowledge base article to learn more about the settings. 

If you already have an eligible device and a 5G SIM Card you should be good to go. Just as an FYI you might not be able to connect to a 5G network because:
  • Your device is connecting to an HSPA+ or 4G LTE network, as that network’s signal is stronger.
  • You’re in an Extended Coverage area.
  • You’re roaming outside of Canada.

RogersZia

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
@RogersZia
Hi!
I don’t have any connectivity issues, honestly! And the part about stronger LTE network might explain why I’ve never had 5G connection, here.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
@RogersZia

Hi!
The link you provided indicates ltemobile.apn, which is different than the default ones I have on my iPad and iPhone.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

@RogersZia Still no 5G and no answer as to if the APN makes a difference or not.

Greetings @TwitchyPuppy!

Currently our 5G network is still being rolled out across the country. You can view where our 5G coverage is by going to this link: https://www.rogers.com/mobility/network-coverage-map?icid=R_WIR_NTW_HEUQFZ and clicking the Coverage Layer Selection drop down.

You don't need to worry about your APN settings. They are deployed automatically to your iPhone and iPad.

Regards,

RogersCorey

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Hi @RogersCorey,

I previously mentioned 5G being available where I live because I checked the coverage map, already. I know my account and hardware meet all the conditions and since APN says LTE, I thought it could be the culprit and wondered if there was one for 5G.

Hi again @TwitchyPuppy!  

If you're in a covered area, the most likely culprit here is that the HSPA+ or 4G LTE network signal is stronger.

Regards,

RogersCorey

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

This explains that! Thanks 🙂

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation