28849 - 2FA Number - not receiving messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AuntieBlondie
I've Been Here Awhile

28849 - 2FA Number - not receiving messages

I just switched to rogers and I am setting up my accounts etc. I am not receiving any 2FA codes from ANY apps using the number 28849. I goggled a bit but the stuff I found was useless - how do I get this solved?! How do I get the number added as a trusted number?!?

***Added Labels***

RogersTony

Re: 28849 - 2FA Number - not receiving messages

Hello, @AuntieBlondie

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate you posting your concern regarding short code SMS. I know how important it is to get all of your apps and accounts setup properly. 

Short code SMS providers must be approved by the CWTA. You can find a list of the current short code programs here: https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/.

If it is not on the list then it may not work on the Rogers network. Do you have the option to complete the 2FA verification via a phone call instead?

RogersTony

AuntieBlondie
I've Been Here Awhile

Sadly that is not an option. I need to get this text message. I just switched from freedom to rogers - a bit disappointed, as this verification is quite important to me. Is there a way to get it to the CWTA "approved" list? There's millions of users within the service itself that uses said authentication, I am baffled to say the least - I can't be the only one stuck.

Update: It is listed in the link you (@rogerstony) have provided. So why doesn't it work?

RogersTony

Hello again, @AuntieBlondie

Thanks so much for confirming that it is on the list. We'll need to escalate a ticket to have this investigated for you. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony