cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonim XP8 Android 10 update

beeee
I've been around

When will the Android 10 update be available for the Sonim XP8?

Other carriers have had this available for several months. Response from Sonim support said Rogers should have this available 3rd or 4th quarter 2021, but this is looking less and less likely.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sonim XP8 Android 10 update

Hello, @Adudewithaphone,

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃 Thank you for your query regarding Android 10 for Sonim XP8. I appreciate you searching for similar posts in the Community.

I can imagine how an OS update can enhance the device experience. Device manufacturers directly provide the OS/Security updates. We have summarized the software rollout process here.

We will definitely update the OS Upgrade Schedule once the rollout date is available. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersYasmine

Good day, @beeee!

I hope this message finds you well! I can certainly understand wanting to have the latest software added to your device. As soon as we receive any info regarding available software updates for the Sonim XP8, it will be posted here in our OS Upgrade Schedule. You can also review the process on how everything is rolled out.

Thanks for your understanding,

RogersLaura

nleger
I've been here awhile

Any updates on this? Just had a customer enquire about it.

Hello Rogers,

I noticed a user previously posted in regards to the Andriod 10 update for sonim xp8. You replied with a link posting OS updates for various phones however the sonim didn't make the list and isn't on the filter section. I understand that they are not common for civilian use however is there a way sonim users can petition for, or request Rogers to make the update available? Andriod 8 is a functional OS but is very outdated, I use mine daily and an update would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

Hello, @Adudewithaphone,

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃 Thank you for your query regarding Android 10 for Sonim XP8. I appreciate you searching for similar posts in the Community.

I can imagine how an OS update can enhance the device experience. Device manufacturers directly provide the OS/Security updates. We have summarized the software rollout process here.

We will definitely update the OS Upgrade Schedule once the rollout date is available. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

accr
I've been around

Im in thesame boat. I even called Sonim support and was toldd its all down to Rogers to update. Official Sonim firmware is on 10 for more than a year. I have company app that requires 10 and Rogers is letting us dwn again. Talking to rogers support leads to nowhere. I feel like I should complain on other social media.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
I believe that Telus had released the update. If you know anyone on Telus, you can stick their SIM card in your phone and reboot, and it should pull the Telus update and install it.

Nelson23
I've been here awhile

Should not have to use another service provider's sim card to get a update, that should be pushed by our provider!

I am currently on phone with support and I will stay on the phone until update is pushed. IF it does not, Rogers will be providing me with NEW phones of my choice, to replace the phones that I have in which are not getting and update that they should.. AT NO COST TO ME!

This is a fail for Rogers.. This will not and does not look good on them!
If they want to keep it up, they will loose A LOT of business accounts, as businesses will go to providers that actually provide properly to their customers. Especially business customers!

This lack of support is on YOU ROGERS! As you STILL have NOT pushed the newest update for the Sonim XP8!

Nelson23
I've been here awhile

This has NOT been solved, as Rogers still has NOT sent out the update..

Rogers needs to STOP downplaying things and get their stuff together and get into gear!

Telus, Bell have the update pushed for a year or so now. WHY DOESN'T ROGERS?????

Can easily have my account and others I convinced to get Rogers business plans, to move to another service provider and I will if service isn't going to be provided properly!

Customer service is #1! In Roger's case, if update for devices they sell are not being sent out... Than that is failing customer service.

XP8 is stuck on Android 8.1 with Rogers, apps are starting to not install on the device because the operating system is OUTDATED, yet Rogers STILL selling the XP8 WITHOUT an update!

Nelson23
I've been here awhile

Here, for Rogers Tech team... Find this and push it OTA!

DateDetails
April 20, 2021
  • Android version: 10.0.0
  • Build number: 8A.0.7-16-10.0.0-10.34.00
  • File size: 1.3GB

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

Why don't you just find a friend on Telus, and pop their SIM into your phone? It should pull the Telus update and you're golden.

Rogers most likely isn't going to release it at this point. That phone is low volume sales and almost EOL. It's not worth them wasting resources testing an update for a low end device with low sales.

Nelson23
I've been here awhile

We should not have to use another provider to get updates... If that is the case, might as well move whole business contract over to another provider and cut out the headaches... Which is definitely something I am thinking and considering!

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation