cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers and OnePlus

kingsclear
I plan to stick around

I am amazed that no carrier in Canada has added OnePlus as a hardware supplier. Most major carriers around the world include OnePlus including T-Mobile, Verizon, EE, etc. Their North American phones are fully compatible with the Rogers network including 5G. I simply don't comprehend this. Does anyone with Rogers have any idea as to why?

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers and OnePlus

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
You can buy a OnePlus and use it on Rogers. You do not need to buy it from Rogers.

kingsclear
I plan to stick around
I'm sorry but you don't seem to understand that many people cannot afford to buy a $1000 phone and pay cash or charge to a credit card and then pay interest.

kingsclear
I plan to stick around

As T-MOBILE in USA is doing very well with OnePlus, it is interesting to note that OnePlus is now the # 5 phone supplier in North America. The 9 Series are spec wise fantastic. Why Rogers refuses to carry the brand is beyond explanation. I guess because all the other carriers are so dumb not to carry their product that Rogers is just following along. So stupid!

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
It’s not stupid, it’s business.
Rogers will have looked into it, and decided that It’s not worth whatever amount of devices Oneplus would make them purchase, vs the small amount they’d sell.
90% of the user market has never heard of Oneplus, or would buy their devices.
It’s all about money. 90% want iPhone or Samsung, so that’s what Rogers carries.

Also, customer service for Oneplus is horrible. Try warranting a device.

kingsclear
I plan to stick around
However, they carry LG, Huawei, Sodim, Motorola, Blackberry, and others. The reason no one knows about OnePlus is because no one in Canada carries their products. Yet Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile all carry them...and T-Mobile has even come out and said that they are very happy to have OnePlus as a supplier and OnePlus phones are 15% of their phone sales. Good reason...the OnePlus 8 Pro is a better phone than any of the competition. The 9 Pro will have far better specs than the S21 and a better price. What's not to love?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation