Oneplus 8 pro 5G

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farshaddarvidh
I've Been Here Awhile

Oneplus 8 pro 5G

Oneplus 8 pro 5G with 5g plan and sim but won't connect to the network

***Added Labels***

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Oneplus 8 pro 5G

Please provide more info. Won't connect to the 5G Network, or won't connect to ANY network (LTE,etc)?

Also, being OnePlus devices are not sold or officially supported by Rogers, they may not allow it to connect to their NSA 5G Network.
You will also not get VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling.
kingsclear
I Plan to Stick Around

This is absolutely nuts. It is controlling the market so that one has to use phones specifically purchased from Rogers. I don't know how legal that is or whether the CRTC would approve.
GibMcFragger

All phones work fine (as long as the bands are compatible), you just won’t get all the Rogers specific features (5G, VoLTE, wifi calling). They will still work on LTE though. You can access LTE data fine, as well as make calls.
kingsclear
I Plan to Stick Around

That is not acceptable...period. It is scandalous. Rogers is not the only carrier doing this. Eastlink is famous for it. Either buy and Eastlink device or no service.
Darko11031
I've Been Around

I agree, I have a oneplus 8 pro 5G and I cannot use 5G, I am paying $186 per month, this is upsetting.

kingsclear
I Plan to Stick Around

Does the phone cover the right bands?
GibMcFragger

It says N/A for Rogers 5G right on the Oneplus carrier compatibility page, so I’m not sure what made you think it would work…
rl_mb
I've Been Here Awhile

I know this is an old thread but this afternoon in Winnipeg my 8 Pro said it was connected to 5G. Was picking up hot food so I didn't take the time to figure out what I was getting. Will try to go back tomorrow.

kingsclear
I Plan to Stick Around

Great news. The OnePlus 9 Series will be out next month and the Pro version has better specs than the Samsung S21 Pro.