cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Update Schedule S20 Ultra 5G

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor
Hi,
The update to Rogers OS Update Schedule shows that there is a scheduled OTA for the S20 Ultra 5G on November 3rd, but the S20 Ultra 5G SM-G988W is already on the October Security Patch & has been for a while now?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: OS Update Schedule S20 Ultra 5G

shaggyskunk

Too funny - Rogers has updated their OS Update Schedule.. AFTER the fact!
Rogers OS Update Schedule now shows that the S20 Ultra Android 11 OTA was available on December 15th lol
Timely 🤣

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RogersTony

Hello, @shaggyskunk

We appreciate you posting your concern regarding the OS upgrades for your device. I know how important it is to stay up to date.

I have taken a closer look at this and conferred with our team that manages the OS upgrades and the schedule is accurate to the best of our knowledge. There could be some additional October updates that have been included.

RogersTony

shaggyskunk
I think that there may have been some confusion between the S20 Ultra 5G & the Note 20 Ultra on Rogers OS Update Schedule?
It seems that the Note 20 Ultra has indeed received the October Security Patch OTA on November 3rd, but there is no new update for the S20 Ultra 5G.
It really didn't make sense that there would have been another OTA on November 3rd.
I have posted a link to the Samsung Notify for the S20 Ultra 5G below.
https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G988W/RWC/doc.html

Hi,

Does anyone know when Android 11 would be available for Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra?

shaggyskunk
Rogers hasn't posted anything on their OS Update Schedule yet, but Telus has it scheduled for December 15th.
Fido has it as "coming soon".

shaggyskunk

@RogersTony Just saw Rogers latest OS Update Schedule & Wondering why there's nothing for the S20 Ultra 5G?
Telus has the update to Android 11 scheduled for December 15th, even Fido has it as "coming soon".

nitingaba
I plan to stick around
Just got the update on my Rogers s20+

nitingaba
I plan to stick around

Just got the update notification on my Fido/Rogers Galaxy S20+. So far I'm the change log it seems to be the standard update with nothing different but here's hoping we fiddly get e-sim access. 

shaggyskunk
Yup - me too.. Nice of Rogers to ignore my previous post & not bothering to make any mention of it on the OS Update Schedule... 🙄

shaggyskunk

Too funny - Rogers has updated their OS Update Schedule.. AFTER the fact!
Rogers OS Update Schedule now shows that the S20 Ultra Android 11 OTA was available on December 15th lol
Timely 🤣

Rollyrocks99
I've been around
Anyone know.when note 20 ultra is getting android 11

shaggyskunk
Telus has it scheduled for January 5th 2021 fwiw.
https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

shaggyskunk
Again, why do Telus & Rogers subsidiary, Fido have an update scheduled for January 26th & Rogers has nothing for the Galaxy S20 Ultra?

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

shaggyskunk
And again, Rogers subsidiary Fido has more updated information regarding the S20 Ultra 5G OTA!
Why is that??

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast
Android 11 ui 3.0 or 3.1 esim support for rogers
I hear in ui 3 or 3.1 they enabled esim support.

shaggyskunk
Too funny. The Galaxy S20 Ultra is already on the June Security Patch, and Rogers updated their OS update schedule to show that the S20 Ultra is scheduled to receive the June Security Patch Update on August 4th lol - I think that Rogers meant to say that it's the July Security Patch Update that's coming on August 4th.
Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation