cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola edge 2022 shutting off mid call

kris182_2000
I've been here awhile

I got my phone in March, and have warranty coverage on it.

I'd installed some app that I was advised to get(tracking sleep or something).

Anyways, after I installed that app, everything was good for a while. Then all of a sudden, while on a call, my phone would shut right off and not power back up. Plugging it in would not bring up the charging icon.

I would have to press the power button several times before it would finally boot up again.

I uninstalled the app, and thought this would solve the problem, but it happened again. Tech support offered no help at all.

It has done it several more times, yesterday it shut down twice in one call.

I believe my operating system is android 10.

Any thoughts on what could be happening?

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Motorola edge 2022 shutting off mid call

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @kris182_2000

Welcome to the Community and Congrats on your first post with us! 🙌 I too have a sleep tracker app and I must say it's been super helpful with my sleeping patterns. The chain of events you've described after the app installation is quite strange indeed. I just have a few questions for you in hopes of getting down to the bottom of this:

What app did you download and have you noticed this issue with any other apps post download?

Have you tried completing a factory reset on said device to see if that rectifies the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

kris182_2000
I've been here awhile
Hi.

I've been wracking my brain trying to recall what I'd installed, and just remembered that it was avast 2023. No other apps caused this before.

I have not done a factory reset, as I don't have anything backed up, and don't want to lose anything on my phone.

Are there other options besides a factory reset?

Hello @kris182_2000,

Thanks for getting back to us! The factory reset is the first measure to take in the instance where you cannot identify the cause of the problem. Worry not! You can easily back up and restore your data. 

The motorola edge (2022) comes with 100 GB of cloud storage for 12 months. To set up your phone to automatically back up your files:

1. Open your phone’s Settings app.

2. Select Google > Backup
If this is your first time, turn on Backup by Google One and follow the on-screen instructions.

3. Tap Back up now

Your Google One backup can take up to 24 hours. When your data is saved, “On” will be below the data types you selected.

If these steps don't match your phone's settings, try searching your settings app for backup, or get help from your device manufacturer.

After you back up, you can reset your device by erasing everything on it. Learn how to reset your device to factory settings.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Once you are done backing up your data, you can take it in to a store and have them ship it off to a repair centre under warranty to investigate the shutting off mid call problem, they (motorola) will provide you a solution.

cablehead
I've been around

Hi there, I have noticed that with mine. I think it has something to do with the wifi being on while the call is on-going. Perhaps as well a poor wi-fi signal at the time. Haven't been able to have this problem happen when my wifi on the phone was off. Thx

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation