cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto e wifi calling

Pinkfloyd
I've been here awhile

I am at my wits end with this, I registered my phone for wifi calling and it worked great, fantastic reception.. then on the weekend the wifi calling disappeared, I have been on the phone with Rogers for hours to no avail, so they deleted my existing registration and had me re register, still no wifi calling,  I have googled this and tried all the suggestions I could find and nothing works.

The one tip I kept coming across was... Turn on airplane mode, this turns off wifi.. reconnect to wifi  and try to make a call , when I do this using both my 2.4 g and my 5 g it tells me that I need to connect to a wireless network. So to me this means the wifi calling is NOT working.  Any ideas??? Thank you in advance

***EDITED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Moto e wifi calling

RogersZia

Good evening @Pinkfloyd,

Welcome to the Community!

WIFI Calling is quite a handy feature, we'd like to make sure you're able to use it again as quickly as possible. Was there a recent OS update for the device? Can you please confirm if the Motorola moto e is a Rogers device? 

Do you know if the IMEI of the device in question was successfully added to your account? 

Just need a little more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

Pinkfloyd
I've been here awhile

Thanks for responding

Yes Rogers device, there was an O/S update but the wifi calling worked after that until it vanished, so do not think the update was the issue, LOL yes the last agent I talked to today confirmed IMEI was registered, He escalated my issue to higher support, received a text about an hour ago saying  no issues they can detect... So ... who knows... It is not the end of the world as my call quality is not bad, was just much better with WIFI.. and as I have been in IT for the past 20 years it pisses me off when I can't figure this stuff out... drives my wife nuts.....

cheers  

@Pinkfloyd, I know most people are working from home, but is there a way for your to test the feature over a different WIFI network? Do you have a secondary mobile device to test the WIFI calling feature at home?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation