cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG and Rogers , what's the deal?

Jerrimy
I've been here awhile

Customer of Rogers for almost 18 years and have had no issues getting phones I want though Rogers . I currently have and love the lg v30 .
For some reason Rogers hasn't gotten the v35 , v40 or the v50 . I can understand the v50 due to being a 5g network phone. But that doesn't make sense to me either since it would be nice to be 5g ready for next year when 5g starts being available.
Even if I wanted the new lg g8x again Rogers doesn't get this phone , yet all other Canadien competitors have .
Any one know what's up with lg and Rogers ?

***Edited Labels***

18 REPLIES 18

Re: LG and Rogers , what's the deal?

RogersZia

Hello @Jerrimy and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

I'm glad you love your current phone. The device availability can vary depending on the manufacturer. 

You can find a list of all available devices here

As always please keep an eye on rogers.com for all new device releases and announcements :).

RogersZia

Jerrimy
I've been here awhile

Sitting hear for the past three years with my lg v30 and would love to upgrade to the lg v60 . Is Rogers going to bring it in ?

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Rogers will carry devices that sell. Like it or not, LG phones don’t sell. Every G series goes on fire sale shortly after it’s released, because they don’t sell in significant numbers.

Does it mean they are bad phones? Not at all. LG makes great devices, but 90% of consumers buy Apple or Samsung.

I'm getting frustrated with the lack of certain devices and no roll out of android 10 for Samsung S9 with no info if it's even coming to those devices when other carriers have all ready do e it for 9 series I want a new phone e soon but only on Roger's if they roll out android 10 for s9

Sitting in the same boat.

Frustrated no LG G8X.

waiting for LG V60. If not available again with Rogers. I might jump ship to a carrier that does.

Callixtus
I've been here awhile

Hey Rogers,

Will you have an announcement regarding the LG v60 ThinQ 5?  From the reviews I have watched, the phone seems to be a hit.

Thanks

Hello, @Callixtus

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how exciting it can be when a new device that you are interested in is launching soon.

Regrettably, we do not have any information on the LG v60 ThinQ 5. Once we have any information the Rogers Website will be updated first. Click the following link to see all of the phones we are currently carrying: Click Here.

Thank you for your post.

RogersTony

Singh0282
I've been here awhile
Lg v60 pre orders out, and rogers left behind, what's up with that?

Hello @Singh0282,

We understand your interest surrounding the LG V60 as it looks like a great device! If anything changes, you'll see it on Rogers.com first! Please feel free to keep an eye on our website for any news or updates regarding products and services. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Jerrimy
I've been here awhile

I've been searching weekly for the lgv60 on the Rogers webpage with no results . A yes or no answer to if you are going to be carrying it or not ?

Feralcat
I plan to stick around

I'm jumping ship this month. Contract over and Rogers carries nothing but overpriced phones while the phones some of us want Rogers ditched, not to mention the over bloated increase in plan price. 

See ya Rogers.

RedFox007
I've been around

The only reason I switched to Rogers is because we have a corporate plan discount. Rogers can't give a straight answer as to whether or not they will continue carrying LG phones shows they have no care for transparency or it's customers concerns. I could have left almost a year ago now since I finished my contract but was waiting for a phone I liked.

It's been a year, I'm out. The discount I get isn't even enough to keep me anymore given this is the service we get.

Callixtus
I've been here awhile
Well, no updates and no information regarding what is in my opinion a far better option than the competition (dollar for dollar).
A bit disappointed Rogers.

I went to LG Canada's website and I see the default colour for the device is blue.
Is that the reason you won't carry it? Cause it doesn't come in red or black?

Branding and all.../facepalm

phoenixp
I'm here a lot

+1, almost 20 years with Rogers, am blind, really need this.

I am also a Rogers customer with a lg5, waiting to upgrade, but I guess the 10% of us might as well switch carriers for a good android! Samsung!? Really!? Wouldn’t touch one .

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

I would imagine that far less than 10% of Rogers customers would purchase an LG phone. If the demand was there, they would carry them. You are minority, I am afraid. Rogers (like every other business), is driven by sales and profit. 95% of people want iPhones or Samsung devices, like it or not.

It also may be on LG. They may not want Rogers to carry their devices unless they agree to buy XXX many. Rogers won't do that if they know that they will collect dust.

Bottom line is that they aren't. If you want LG, you are free to switch carriers. 🙂

FrustratedLGfan
I've been around
Same boat, I sold phones for years and LG was our best seller for sure. Would love to upgrade but may have to switch carrier, haven't seen anything new.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @FrustratedLGfan

Its like Sony. Barely any carrier is carring Sony phones.

LG isn't doing to good on their mobile sales in Canada unfortunately. A article a few months back ( I'll search it up) showed that LG Mobile division in Canada wasn't making as much as they did.

Think about this too. The amount of customers either get a iPhone or Samsung. Samsung and Apple have paid carriers to advertise their devices more and have them as their main devices in stores / online

I would love to see LG back but it seems only a limited of carriers will have their device in and most have some stock and some make u order it and wait as they don't have stock
Topic Stats