cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Recent Samsung S9+ Security Update

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi,

After the most recent security update for my S9+, my device intermittently gives me message: "Sim Card Not Detected. Emergency calls only"

Toggling airplane mode does not reconnect the phone and forces a restart. This can happen with the phone in standby, screen off or during a call. Phone has VoLTE and Wifi Calling enabled and can get this error regardless of which feature is being utilized.

*** Edited Labels and Title *** 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Issue with Recent Samsung S9+ Security Update

RogersTony

Hello, @revhappy

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to get an update that causes so many issues with your device. =(

We have not received any reports about an issue with the most recent update for the S9+. Please power down your device then remove the Sim card and clean it with a dry cloth before reinserting into your device. Power it back on and see if the issue is persistent. Let us know if you are still having issues.

Has anyone else in the Community noticed any issues with the S9 or S9+ after the latest security update?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Re: Issue with Recent Samsung S9+ Security Update

A_Visitor
I plan to stick around
For some reason, my s9+ still hasn't received the Dec security update which Rogers posted will be released on Dec 17. Any news?
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation