cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone going to Negotiate with Sony, OnePlus or Asus for official VoLTE / WiFI Calling support?

cloneman1
I've been here awhile

My understanding  is VoLTE , VoWiFi and sometimes 5G operate on a whitelist-approval basis, and therefore unapproved phones not purchases from Rogers often are not allowed to use VoLTE. This is a shame because these phones possess all the right modems frequencies and software to work perfectly, but haven't been rubber-stamped.

Soon, these phones may not work at all when 3G is shut down, like with AT&T in america.

Is anyone ever going to work on this? Does anyone at Rogers care about Android enthusiasts who want the best US or International phones, not made by Samsung, Apple, or Google?

Please send this to whoever has the power or motivation to make this change. We just want VoLTE access, even if it's unofficial and not guaranteed. Just stop blocking it.

Rogers was the OG carrier in Canada that used GSM and SIM cards. This VoLTE "permission-slip" restriction is a step backward in limiting customer choice.

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is anyone going to Negotiate with Sony, OnePlus or Asus for official VoLTE / WiFI Calling suppor

RogersYasmine

Greetings @cloneman1,

Thanks for posting your concern here in the Rogers Community! I can definitely appreciate your passion on this topic and understand how a feature like this would be useful! You are correct that this feature will currently only work on iPhones and devices purchased from Rogers. They must also meet the eligibility requirements found hereIf you have a non-Rogers Android device, WiFi Calling will not work.

We definitely thank you for sharing your feedback and we'll forward it on for further review. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Re: Is anyone going to Negotiate with Sony, OnePlus or Asus for official VoLTE / WiFI Calling suppor

cloneman1
I've been here awhile

WiFi Calling most people can live without. The more problematic exclusion is VoLTE, which is becoming a must-have.

When a phone isn't allowed to use VoLTE because of a policy, will it even work properly when roaming in the US? AT&T has shut down their 3G network, which is used for calls when your phone isn't allowed to use VoLTE.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation