cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

iain1967
I plan to stick around

I have never pre-ordered before but I have for the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Do Rogers generally ship on the official release day (01/29/21)?

I see online other carriers have already shipped some S21.

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Chrismcniv
I plan to stick around
I have given up waiting I'm canceling the pre-order and a local store has a128gb in stock I have it on hold and I'm going to buy it ! I'm taking a hit on storage down from 256 but if it means getting it today idc ! I'll just buy Google drive for like 30bucks a year or something

Neonridr
I plan to stick around

if it makes you feel better, my S10 was only 128 and I barely went beyond 64GB of storage on it.

Spooky-Action
I plan to stick around
I'm thinking about doing that but 128 seems limited. My P30 pro has 128 and I'm almost always deleting things. Since Samsung has removed the micro SD card support I am hesitant to make that choice.

If you get the device in store are you still getting the promo

whatisthisplace
I plan to stick around

I pre-ordered from Rogers website the S21Ultra 512GB on January 15th for the promotion, I was in line 60 in the device reservation page in my Rogers account. around February 1st I moved up in line about 5, but last Saturday I moved up in line just 1, I haven't moved up in line since that so about 1 week Rogers has not had any S21Ultra 512GB. I heard they configure it through batches but I know it's 1 by 1 by seeing my position in line go up by 1 last Saturday. So I'm now still waiting in line as number 37 since January 15th with no line movement for a week. Samsung site has the S21Ultra 512GB available with a few days to ship it, Why can't Rogers just get it from there? I know as a pre-order agent that deals with those documentations they do fill out those documents per pre-order rather than an automated system that rolls out the configured stock, that's what I learned in school but I'm not certain of this case with Rogers. I don't think I'm getting my phone from Rogers that I pre-ordered on January 15th before February 28th promotion end date to redeem with that phone with the E-voucher for it. I'm not cancelling I just want what I ordered and hope to get the Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy Tag anyways in my case.

ex0de
I plan to stick around

Wow that is crazy. Last week when I called the stores had the 512 and 128 but not the 256. So you've been waiting all this time where someone can just walk in and get their phone in store...

macblack2
I plan to stick around
I hate to say I'm glad I'm not alone. My husband and I both upgraded to the S21 Ultra the day before the phones were released (pre-order). We were told we'd both get the buds, tags, etc. My husband ordered Black. Silver for me. He was #56. I was #25. His phone came in under a week (to the store) but we are waiting for mine to come in, to go set both up at the same time.
I haven't received any update emails, shipping, nothing. I called the store and they said Rogers is shipping out all the black before moving onto silver. What a joke! So the vouchers will all be gone by the time we get mine, and that's 100% why we upgraded (we have s10s that work perfectly fine). My bill is +$80 more this month for the reservation fee, that I was told would be waived when we set up our phones. I refuse to pay when I've been waiting 2 weeks from the day we pre-ordered, already.

rwc472
I plan to stick around

I'm in the same situation.  Started out at 76 then went to 75, then 52 and I'm still sitting at 51.  I'll probably get the COVID shot before I get the phone.

iain1967
I plan to stick around
I pre-ordered on Jan 15th for ship to home. Got my phone 512GB on Feb 2nd.

macblack2
I plan to stick around
I've been on hold for 25minutes and counting.... with main Rogers first, then I'll call the store. I'm . .

Neonridr
I plan to stick around

yep, your situation is almost the same as mine macblack2.  My S10 was perfectly fine, only upgraded because they told me about the free stuff.

macblack2
I plan to stick around
It's insane so many of us are in the same boat.

Well. Rogers told me to talk to the dealer, and to ask them to expedite the voucher to me while I wait.
Dealer says they can't see where I am in line, "check your account" I did. I can't see anything. Just the email from Feb 4 saying I was now 25th (started at 28) woop de doo. They also said I just have to wait for mine. No time frame.
Dealer said to get our butts into the store tomorrow to get my husband's phone so he can redeem his voucher for the buds/tag. Asked about voucher for me incase my phone doesn't come until after the deadline. Sorry no can do. "Will see what we can do when your phone arrives." So if the dealer doesn't cough up buds and a tag I'll fight with Samsung.
Why pre-order if we end up waiting over a month? Harumph.

rwc472
I plan to stick around

I saw on the FAQ page that home delivery is much faster.  I'm trading in my present device and having the content migrated over to the new phone and I'm not tech-savvy so I have to get it done in the store.

ex0de
I plan to stick around

Wow just wow. How do you guys see your position in line? I have nothing like that on my account just the usual "you already requested to upgrade phone" message if I try to hit the upgrade button again. "Pre ordered" on the 27th. No e-mail confirmation, no spot in line, nothing at all from rogers. Only when I contacted they said "just wait". They couldn't even tell me which phone I "pre oreded". I mean if rogers themselves can't tell me which phone I ordered with them, who else can? Ridiculous.

If I don't get the gifts like I was promised I'm returning the s21, no doubt about it. I usually buy my phones directly from bestbuy with cash, first time and last doing this whole "pre order" thing. Like you guys, I have a perfectly working note 8 which I can easily go on with for another year.

rwc472
I plan to stick around

It seems to make a difference if you've ordered it delivered to your home as opposed to a store.  Home delivery is faster but you don't get a reservation number or updates on your shipping status, whereas having it delivered to a store gets you an updated status and it also confirms in writing exactly which model you ordered.

ex0de
I plan to stick around

I see thanks rwc472. That makes sense cuz I ordered to home.

jakylscallin
I've been here awhile
I have been having the same problem as most of you on here. The wife andecided to pre-order our upgrades a few months early, strictly due to the fact of the "free gifts".
Did this on Jan 20th and ordered two s21 ultra 256gb. All I recieved as a confirmation, if you can really call it that, was two emails stating the the order was received and it is currently processing. That was on Jan 20th. It was on the 29th when I found this forum and saw people talking about the limited vouchers for the gifts that I assumed we were getting outright.
There has been no communication since from them until I reached out to Rogers on Feb 4th. Where the "John" at Rogers could only see that, yes my order was received, but there is a general dely that could take 3 to 4 weeks to ship. I expressed my concern about the voucher for the free gifts and even stated that maybe rogers should be after samsung for botching this promotion. No real reply other than "I understand your frustration, but you will just have to wait."
Now 11 more days go by, and like all of you, no phone. Like some of you, no indication as to where we are in line, nothing like that.

What really irritates me is that this isn't the first time I will be screwed because of a samsung/rogers promotion. A few years back when the vr set was supposed to be a "free gift" I was left out of that as well.
This is nonsense though and Rogers should be doing something about it!

AGomes
I've been here awhile
Update, so it's been a couple of weeks now I started at number 52 in line on Jan 21 and now I'm number 49 hopefully by the time s22 comes out I'll have my phone..........

jakylscallin
I've been here awhile
https://shop.samsung.com/ca/evoucher
🤬😡
Here is a kick in the pants. Thanks Rogers for making sure all of your customers whom have pre-ordered are now entirely out of luck for getting these "free gifts" we were promised upon pre-ordering. Maybe you should get on samsungs rears to compensate all that pre-ordered yet never got to receive their phones due to samsung not providing the service providers with proper quantities!
We should all be compensated in some way for not even having the CHANCE to be one of the lucky 17,750 people that received vouchers!

GaryD
I plan to stick around

I'm not even sure I preordered because I basically upgraded my phone and I'll be on the hook for around $250 when my bill comes out.  The Rep assured me I'd have it by last monday or friday amazing how they say something and then it never happens.  I've been a long time Rogers customer of over 15 years and I'm being treated in this way, not knowing if my upgrade is going to come now on the hook on a new plan with a much higher monthly because I like to keep my phones.  This is really getting annoying when they promise to give you a coupon to redeem a pro headset because I opted for the Ultra S21 but of course they'll keep delaying it and I'd end up not getting it at all just like the rest of  us here.  This is very annoying and from the last post I saw he's  still waiting and he's at 49 in line, I"d be retired by the time I get my phone then I won't need it because I would of got a new provider by then.

whatisthisplace
I plan to stick around
I pre-ordered the S21Ultra512GB January 15th for the promotion from Rogers and put in line 60, I have been checking everyday and I have moved up by only 1 in line every week on Saturday for the past 2 weeks from now, now I'm in position 36 so would that mean I get my pre-order in 36 weeks from now Rogers? It makes me feel even targeted.😵

I ordered January 19th. only got a confirmation email to say that we've received your order.

FEB 18th. Cancelled my pre-order. Went to the Samsung store. Got the phone.

phantom black / 256 / - voucher for the buds & tile.

Turns our it's a marketing thing that both Samsung and apple like to do.

Apple's been doing it for years.  They give limited stock to the carriers to build

the hype.  Supply & Demand 101.

Sucks.

My guess is that all pre-orders will get fulfilled by mid-end of march.

Topic Stats