cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

iain1967
I plan to stick around

I have never pre-ordered before but I have for the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Do Rogers generally ship on the official release day (01/29/21)?

I see online other carriers have already shipped some S21.

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Hello, I didn't pre-order the phone since when I placed my hardware upgrade it didn't say anything about pre-order since there is no number in queue.  Also I ordered the hardware upgrade with the earbuds along with the upgrade so I don't know what is going on with this issue.  If this was the case then why don't Rogers send out at least the EarBuds if the phone is on backorder or just failing to meet demand.  Rogers plans are for 2 year contracts with the phone if you don't pay it out upfront, but there is also an option of a monthly for 2 years of course at a higher monthly plan.  So I ask why not send out an email acknowledging the order is on the way and if possible send out the promotion then.

Neonridr
I plan to stick around

it's pretty ridiculous.  They know that we have an order in the system for a device upgrade.  But for some reason they say you have to have the phone in hand to redeem the promotion.  It's dumb.  So because they are struggling with stock that's now my fault and I won't end up getting any promotional stuff because it'll be too late by the time it ships.

Way to look out for us Rogers.

iain1967
I plan to stick around
The earbuds come from Samsung. You get an evoucher when you get your phone. Then you have to claim promotion from Samsung. Not Rogers. The promotion is a Samsung promotion not a Rogers promotion.

To add to this, I got my evoucher and claimed it via the Samsung website. There is a 6-8 week delay to get the promotional items!

Spooky-Action
I plan to stick around
That's true but there's a date limit on the voucher. You have to claim it before February 29 if I'm not mistaken

GaryD
I plan to stick around

I've spoken to retention and they've  said it is on backorder between 3 to 4 weeks.  Seriously how can something be this back ordered if they knew it was going to be available by Feb5th.  What really ticks me off is that they knew this will be mostly a product anyone would upgrade to the decided it was only worth while to give it to the people that can throw away $2k on a phone up front in store.  As for the voucher I was assured that for an upgrade it will automatically be sent once the phone ships about 5 weeks after seriously why?  So are the earbuds on back order too or is this a strategic move to make sure you are locked into your contract?

iain1967
I plan to stick around
Unless the process has changed, the evoucher is in the Samsung Members app which is is pre-installed on the phone. You then order the buds and tag via the Samsung website. You redeem the evoucher making them free and Samsung ships them. Again, the promotion for free items is a Samsung promotion, not Rogers.

RobertHarvey
I've been here awhile

I just got off the phone with Samsung who, wouldn't you know it, pointed me back to Rogers regarding this promotion fiasco. Their position is that Rogers shouldn't have any trouble fulfilling orders within the timeframe of the promotion. Rogers website clearly uses this promotion to sell the S21. Very shady business practice to offer something and then delay fulfillment beyond the term limit of the promotion. Why not offer a new car for free if there is never a way to actually redeem it? How about $1 Million? If Rogers doesn't make this right for all of us customers who placed our orders in good faith, they might just run into legal issues on this one. It isn't a case of "while supplies last", it is a case of offering something under a condition and then ensuring that condition is not attainable. Basically, a scam. Step up Rogers and quit blaming Samsung for something completely in Rogers control.

iain1967
I plan to stick around
If Samsung supply the phones to Rogers and Samsung run the promotion and supply the promotional items, which part is within Rogers control?

RobertHarvey
I've been here awhile

The Samsung promotion is in conjunction with Rogers. You can't get that promo from Samsung directly even if you wanted to. Rogers is in control of their supply chain and either made the mistake of not ordering enough supply for their customer demand or (places tinfoil hat on head) is ensuring that the terms of the promotion aren't met. Yes Rogers points the finger at Samsung, but this is something between Rogers and Samsung, not you/me and Samsung. I'm a Rogers customer and not a Samsung customer. That's how.

iain1967
I plan to stick around
Actually the very same promotion was on the Samsung site for pre-order and after release. The same promotion was on the Bell website and any other carrier which carries the S21 Ultra. It's a Samsung promotion.

Chrismcniv
I plan to stick around
I called Samsung today and they told me they had the ultra 256g available and in stock with no delay to order from them. That tell me Rogers should also have stock or it should be making it to them soon I hope.

RobertHarvey
I've been here awhile
I can only speak to what Samsung told me when I enquired this evening. This promotion is offered in conjunction with Rogers. I am a Rogers customer ordering a device from Rogers who offered "free gifts" with purchase (not pre-order). In your opinion Rogers is in the right offering something for free, controlling the terms of eligibility and, for whatever reason, creating a condition where the free items aren't provided? Again, my contract is with Rogers and I don't relish them outsourcing fulfillment of their promises to a third party.

iain1967
I plan to stick around
All I can say is I think maybe you should read the terms and conditions relating to you receiving your "free gifts" 😊

So, you ordered recently? You didn't pre-order?

RobertHarvey
I've been here awhile
What matters is I ordered before the Feb 12th deadline for the promotion and received back order notice after purchasing the phone. I have read the terms my friend and base my grievance on the fact that my order was in good faith and Rogers is responsible for not supplying the device in time to redeem the promotion. I'll leave you to play apologist for Rogers' in ability to fulfill their orders. Samsung has the product available, so this is squarely a Rogers issue.

rwc472
I plan to stick around

I just spoke with Samsung as well and they informed me that they have plenty of stock and cannot understand why there is a 4 week delay in delivering these phones.  I also noticed yesterday that the 512GB model has been removed as an option.  I don't know if this is temporary but the Samsung rep informed me they have plenty of stock of the 512GB model.  Not only that but they offer it in 5 different colors.

Rjejje
I've been here awhile

I'm a corporate customer with Rogers. They informed me that they only carry the 128GB phone for corporate and that due to the discounts they give, we aren't offered the free gifts. Well, i recieved my phone S21 the other day signed into the Samsung Member site and went ahead an signed up for the free gifts. They are on order now.  

Chrismcniv
I plan to stick around
Did you pre order the device or did you order it after the release?

Spooky-Action
I plan to stick around
The whole corporate not corporate thing is getting confusing. I opened my account as a small business because the agent told me I'd get a better deal. That was 7 years ago and it's given me just problems. I ordered the 512gb model of my account online and I was logged in. No one has called me to say that it was or wasn't available. I contacted Rogers multiple times and they always only tell me that they see the order on my account.

ex0de
I plan to stick around

This is a complete SCAM. If rogers doesn't step up and fulfill their promises everyone should fill a complaint to CCTS. The only reason I "pre-ordered" this phone is to get the free "gifts", like many others. It has been more than 3 weeks and no phone, no update, not a single word from Rogers. We have to chase them for info, while Samsung told me yesterday that they have the phones and they ship it in 1-2 business days. It blows my mind how the "pre orders" aren't even filled yet but the promotion is still online with a "Offer available until Feb 12, 2021" date. 

Neonridr
I plan to stick around

agree 100%.  Rogers called me for like 2 weeks straight desperate for me to upgrade.  Finally decided to pick up the S21 Ultra (have an S10 now so didn't need to upgrade).  They knew my contract was up and would be out the $30 or so that my device cost per month being subsidized into my wireless plan.  They tell me if I upgrade I get the earbuds and a smart tag.  They don't tell you, oh by the way we don't have any in stock so you might not actually get those by the time the phone is in stock.  I ordered over 2 weeks ago now and my order hasn't moved from "being processed".  

I get that there's not a guarantee with these things, but it just doesn't look very good when they are waving these free items around but have zero intention of actually giving them to you.

ex0de
I plan to stick around

I call nonsense on the whole "there's not a guarantee with these things". We should not be fooled by them and just accept it. It's like someone else already said, let's go and promise them a car or 1 million or the moon if you preorder then just say "oh sorry too late". It's bad/dishonest/shady marketing & business practice, and should not be tolerated. If it was a limited supply, lets say 1000 units with the gifts they should take those 1000 preorders/orders have a countdown, and right at that second  when the 1000th unit is ordered STOP the offer and tell people it's over. It should tell you right there and then when you're about to order "WARNING: the gifts are sold out do you still want to continue with your order?". But no why do that if they can continue to fool people? To this day, like I said previously the deal is still LIVE on their website. Technically you can order TODAY and "Get it before it’s gone!". 

Topic Stats