cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Folder Content Missing on Galaxy S9

mojoscot2
I plan to stick around

I can see all my folder contents in Rogers Yahoo email on my desktop.  But when I go to my mobile it tells me the folders are empty.  How can I make sure I can access all the folder contents on my mobile.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Email Folder Content Missing on Galaxy S9

RogersCorey

Hello @mojoscot2!

Is this happening when you access your email through your phone's browser or is it happening using the phones built-in email app?

Regards,

RogersCorey

mojoscot2
I plan to stick around

When I use the email App.  

Hmm... it should work by default @mojoscot2.

It's most likely a settings related issue. Have you tried the troubleshooting step of deleting the account and re-adding it? Make sure that you're setting it up as IMAP and not a POP3 account.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
to sync the folders, you first have to create the folder actually on the email server itself, so you can test this by logging into the web site mail.yahoo.com with your Rogers Yahoo email credentials, if you see the mail folders they will sync, if you do not see them, Then you only created local mail folders on your desktop outlook client, and are probably using pop3 instead of imap, so there is no 2-way sync with pop3. switch to imap instead and you can sync your folders from your mail server to your desktop client AND your Galaxy S9 phone all at once and it will work beautifully. Trust me, I know it works, cus its working for me, you just did not set it up correctly, you only have a "copy" of your mail in the folder on your desktop client. try my advice and it will work
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation