cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

wawa2010
I'm here a lot

I want to upgrade my phone, but I have to pay off $400 of my current phone balance. Smiley Sad

***Added Labels***

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

dabears1326
I plan to stick around
Wow that makes no sense. I just had mine delivered. Hopefully you can get your phone soon!

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Still haven’t gotten any shipping confirmation yet pre-ordered a week ago.

Got my phone this morning, never got a tracking number but I have it now

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Was it through UPS or Canada Post?

UPS

samidib87
I've been here awhile
Any issues with the green screen bleed? I'm wondering if the Canadian phones are part of that worldwide issue of green screen bleed? Thanks!

dabears1326
I plan to stick around
Both of our phones are perfect so far. No green screen bleed at all. I've tried turning to black and grey screens it dark enviroments.

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

I got my phone yesterday as well

I've only noticed a green screen bleed when watching movies off of Google Play, yet when I tried watching clips of the same darker toned film on youtube, i don't see it at all. So I don't even know what to make of that 😕

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

@EvoX2013

Have you tried calling Rogers to see what's the hold up?

haywire
I'm here a lot

I ordered last Wednesday the 7 but no confirmation of shipment yet. Thinking of going in store and see if they have units in.

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
Yes I tried a few times and they just keep telling me to wait and I can’t go and pick one up in store which is rediculous especially when it hasn’t shipped yet and yet they already changed my plan

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

Hey guys, it seems like my phone has the green screen bleed problem. 

If you want to check if yours has it, simply decrease the brightness of your phone, turn off the lights and  if it's all black without any screen bleed, then it should be okay. I kept having an odd feeling that something was off when viewing movies/youtube contents, so i tested it out. and sadly... 

Here's a snapshot of mine

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I1WVAetHXkbGpYM0xaOWpDNGxSLTZvQnpMM0FsU0xpZE04/view?usp=sharing

haywire
I'm here a lot

So still waiting, not sure what the hold up is, checked a few stores and they have units. Called and they said he could not see anything about my pre order even though it was the number the site told me to call. He told me to do the chat with a rep. Did that and she was as helpful as she could be I felt but she said she could see that they where not finishing processing me although they took the money imitatively. The rep also said she did not see any shortages and they had units so again what is the problem here. Wont do pre order again for an android phone as there is obviously no point. Would have been better to just wait and pick up in store. Seems more likely just locking people into a plan while they figure things out. Come on Rogers 

dabears1326
I plan to stick around
Did you contact Rogers at all about the screen bleed problem? Mine might be doing it slightly on the right side.

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

Yup I did, and they seem to be aware of the situation. The lady who  I spoke to yesterday even did a quick search on google after i told her that it was online being reported by many. They've set up a replacement swap with a return label so i should be getting my new one tomorrow... hopefully without this problem.

Or else I'll just end up switching to the Note 9 or Iphone XS Max. This is unfortunate because it is a great phone... but my eyes can't unsee that green tint anymore. Knowing me it will always be a problem I nitpick over if i get another device with the same issue

dabears1326
I plan to stick around
Hopefully it works out for you. I can only see it on mine if I get a dark screen and turn my brightness down in a dark room. But only on the right edge. Worried if I return mine I'll get a phone that is worse. I really like the phone. Battery life is fantastic

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

I really like it too. Perfect size. Albeit the color calibration of its OLED is not as vibrant as my shattered s8+ screen, lol, but it is still tolerable  and oh my, that battery life is amazing! As you possibly saw on my snapshot, mine is unfortunately really, really bad. I see the tint hovering on both edges and all corners even with the brightness at around 60%. It's gotten harder to ignore 😞 

Hopefully it works out with the next device, I don't want to let this one go! 😞  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5I1WVAetHXkbGpYM0xaOWpDNGxSLTZvQnpMM0FsU0xpZE04

Hello. Im having the screen bleed issue as well. Contacted Huawei and they told me to go to Rogers and get it swapped. I love this phone. It's sucks that it has this problem. Any one with replacement ncan confirm if it's the same lg Pannel or if it's the other one?

Thanks

Did you try the new phone

EvoX2013
I plan to stick around
So new excuse as to why I still don’t have my new phone is, Canada Post is on strike so they haven’t picked it up yet hmmm, thaught it was going through UPS I said, nope Canada Post she says. I’m fed up with this now, maybe it’s time to go back to Bell

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

Ah yeah, the agent I had spoken to on the phone Monday for my Huawei swap told me the same thing. Rogers will work through Canada Post, and if your areas is affected by the strike, then Canada Post will contract UPS on their behalves to do the delivery. But that's not always guaranteed because it's area based.... Like for me, i was supposed to get my replacement device today. 

But I've stopped caring, i think I'll just cancel it all, return my device and get the Note 9. With how much this screen issue is being reported, i'd rather not spend money on a faulty device 

Topic Stats