cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About missing Mobile Data toggle in the quick settings panel..

AaronYou
I've been here awhile

Hi there,

I know it's been a while since whoever is in charge of CSC of Canadian GS series(SM-G9XXW) decide to remove Mobile Data toggle from Quick Setting panel, I just really want to know why you guys decide to do this: Your plans certainly can't support us to leave to Mobile Data on all day long, the batteries drain fast on android while do so, etc.. I can not see any benefit of removing data toggle both from a user's and carrier's perspective. If any of you know why, please tell me. 

Thanks a lot

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: About missing Mobile Data toggle in the quick settings panel..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AaronYou

It could be for any reason. It could be that they decided to remove it due to wanting the users to go into the setting and doing it. Could be that maybe Samsung has a agreement with some carriers to have them remove it. There isn't any proper answer unless one of them says it. Our posts are just a guess but it could be any reason.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AaronYou

Unfortunately you won't get the answer you are looking for. Also its up to the carriers to remove it.. Seems like some Canadian carriers removed that option from all the Android devices running 6 and above from what i know. It could be a agreement with the carriers and manufacturer. Don't expect a answer u want.

AaronYou
I've been here awhile

This is just so unfortunate... I've browsed through the forum and saw some of your answers and you seem to be an expert on this. Want to make a wild guess on why they did that? I'm just curious.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AaronYou

It could be for any reason. It could be that they decided to remove it due to wanting the users to go into the setting and doing it. Could be that maybe Samsung has a agreement with some carriers to have them remove it. There isn't any proper answer unless one of them says it. Our posts are just a guess but it could be any reason.

AaronYou
I've been here awhile

Thanks. We will probably never know what they are trying to accomplish by doing this.

----------------------

In case anyone is still trying to get Moblie Data and Mobile Hotspot back on their Canadian GS devices, I just found a post that you guys can try, here is the link. No root required.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AaronYou

Who knows but maybe one day we will knows. Thanks! 🙂

Gregole
I plan to stick around

A small pseudo fix for this is get Power Toggle and add its 4x1 widget.  In the customize screen, remove all 6 toggle and replace the 7th one with Hotspot (wifi) then resize the widget until its 1x1 size.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AaronYou

Try the link below. Seems even the US carriers have removed it.. So it seems to be a Samsung thing. Hope this helps.

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-restore-mobile-data-quick-settings-tile-toggle-on-samsung-gala...

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor
Yup with adb you can add the Data Tile - You can also get Greenify - BBS Wakelock Detector - System UI Tuner - MatLog and other apps to work without Root on the S8+.
One app that will give you a functioning Data Tile is Material Notification Shade - It also requires adb to enable the Data Tile

(although "root" is available but the Bootloader is still Locked and the benefits of this current Root are limited and not really worth the trouble & tradeoffs).
adb is a very useful tool for those who are so inclined 😉

ahannah
I've been around

Hi,

Best solution that isn't crazy complicated is to download an app called "MZ Mobile Data Switch"  It takes you directly to the mobile data screen.  So it's a two click solution, click once on the app, then click once to turn mobile data on or off.

Andres

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation