cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winback contact

newestguy
I've been here awhile

Hi RCF,

I'm hoping you can help me out.  I got a call from Brian (?) back in March with a pretty good offer to switch back from Telus to Rogers.  At the time I wasn't sure if I was under contract with Telus so I asked Brian to call me back but he never did.  I would like to take advantage of the offer and switch back but despite leaving messages through customer support I'm not getting any call back. 

I'm basically looking to move over 2 lines and move my parents onto my account from Virgin.  

Can you please have someone from the Winback team give me a call?

Thanks,
Norman

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Winback contact

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Rogers often uses a third-party company (like Zedd Customer Solutions) to "Winback" customers.

It's not a team, but rather a company working to make sales. That's why you get asked for your driver's licence (or Sin#), credit card, etc. They then often do a hard-credit check (just like Rogers often does).

It used to be that you could call the main Zedd phone number to get your deal (if they never called you back), but lately they just have a recorded message saying that they work on behalf or Rogers Communications.

If you call Rogers loyalty/Retentions dept., And then mention the Winback offer you want, you are at a disadvantage because you called Rogers, and they know that you might jump at their first offer, even if it's nowhere near as good as the Winback offer.

"Brian" has to make his callbacks on his own time, so he will look at his callback list, and only call the ones that have a better-than-average chance of being a sale. My guess is that when you said "contract" Brian didn't even bother adding you to his callback list.

Zedd has great offers, but when they make a mistake, or give you false info about the deal, Rogers doesn't always honour the deal. Sure, sometimes the Office of the President agent (through Share a Concern") will honour the deal, or even give you a better one, but there's no guarantee that it will go your way.

Anyway, after you read the related thread that is linked below, you might be glad that Brian never called you back:
https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Rogers-WinBack-Offer-Accepted-But-no-plan-or-p...
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation