cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing a Lost SIM Card Registered Under a Different Peron

JasonD05
I've been around

Unfortunately, my current plan is registered under my custodian's name because I wasn't 18 yet at the time of registration. My custodian is currently residing in British Columbia. I am currently living in Toronto, and I am uncertain about how to proceed with this replacement given the circumstances.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Replacing a Lost SIM Card Registered Under a Different Peron

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your guardian is the owner of your account since you were not of age, so he or she is financially responsible and responsible for the administration of this account, he or she would have to phone in and have the sim card swapped

or...

If you are of age of majority, you can have your custodian call rogers since its his account technically, and rogers can do a change of ownership to under your name, then you have full access to your account and can authorise a sim swap right away on your own. if  you are of age of majority, its a good idea to put the account under your name going forward.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Replacing a Lost SIM Card Registered Under a Different Peron

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your guardian is the owner of your account since you were not of age, so he or she is financially responsible and responsible for the administration of this account, he or she would have to phone in and have the sim card swapped

or...

If you are of age of majority, you can have your custodian call rogers since its his account technically, and rogers can do a change of ownership to under your name, then you have full access to your account and can authorise a sim swap right away on your own. if  you are of age of majority, its a good idea to put the account under your name going forward.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation