cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Payment Report To Credit Bureau

Darkshack1980
I've been here awhile

Hi, I am trying to fix a incorrect payment report on my credit files for rogers communications. It is marked on my credit files as not paid/unknown for the month of July 2017, all months before and after that month are all correct, its just that one month, my bill has always been paid right after or sometimes before I get the e-statement, I contacted transunion about this error to dispute it and they have told me I have to contact rogers to update the payment info for that month as paid on time, I contacted rogers and the person I spoke to didn't know what I was talking about and sent me a paid bill for that month to send to the bureaus prove it was paid on time and should be marked as such, again I got the same awnser you have to contact rogers to fix it, called rogers yet again and they don't know what I'm talking about and offered to send me another proof of payment. I came here hoping to find who i can talk to about fixing this error as it looks bad on my credit report, getting a bit fusterated with the run around. Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect Payment Report To Credit Bureau

RogersZia

Hello @Darkshack1980,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

Credit score is surely a major concern. Based on the nature of your request, I would recommend you to speak to our Credit Operations team. You can reach them at 1-800-267-2070.

The hours of operation are:

Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - midnight ET

Saturday: 7:30 am - 9 pm ET

Sunday: 10 am - 6 pm ET

You can also chat with them here.

Live Chat hours are:

Mon-Fri: 7 am to Midnight EST

Sat: 7:30 am to 9 pm EST

Sun: 10 am to 6 pm EST

RogersZia

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RogersZia

Hello @Darkshack1980,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

Credit score is surely a major concern. Based on the nature of your request, I would recommend you to speak to our Credit Operations team. You can reach them at 1-800-267-2070.

The hours of operation are:

Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - midnight ET

Saturday: 7:30 am - 9 pm ET

Sunday: 10 am - 6 pm ET

You can also chat with them here.

Live Chat hours are:

Mon-Fri: 7 am to Midnight EST

Sat: 7:30 am to 9 pm EST

Sun: 10 am to 6 pm EST

RogersZia

Darkshack1980
I've been here awhile
Thanks For Putting Me In The Right Direction. I Chatted With Someone At Credit Operations And They Submitted A Request To Have That Fixed, Will Find Out In 10 Days. Hoping This Fixes It Finally. Thanks.

Rogers Communications on Credit Report as bad debt, collections or unable to locate. This is showing up on my credit report, but I paid everything I owned and closed my account as my work was going to pay for my phone going forward. I've never paid any money to any collection agency, I handled my account with Rogers. What do I do about this? The credit bureau says to contact Rogers..

s_tiwari
I've been here awhile

Collections/rogers won't clear

Disconnected my account in February, returned the equipment 3 days after the billing date. Proactively contacted customer support about any issues in billing. Was charged $148 for the month for using the service for 3 days!! 

I raised this issue with customer support 4 times already. The March bill came at -$121, so if you went to third grade and know basic addition subtraction. You'll know that 148-121 = 27 not 148 again!! The level of incompetence is unparalleled all around in this company. Now the bill has been sent to collections because no one adjusted the amount due. The collections person calls and has no clue about what has already been discussed with customer support FOUR TIMES! At this point this is just customer harassment, never getting anything from Rogers ever again

Hello @kaiyre,

Thanks for joining us here in the Community and great first post! 

I can understand your concerns over this unexpected predicament. We'd like to help you get to the bottom of this! 🙂

By any chance, have you tried reaching out to any of our Customer Support Teams using the available avenues? You can reach us by telephone or text message and you can even chat with us online via Live Chat Support, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM! Please click HERE to go to our support page to view all of the options and hours of operation. 

We can also provide you with support here in the Rogers Community Forums! Simply send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Greetings @s_tiwari,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for posting your concerns here! 🙂

Receiving a bill for an unexpected amount can certainly be displeasing. You mentioned speaking to 4 different agents regarding your final invoice. Can you kindly share what explanation they provided for the charges that were reflected on the invoice? Were you able to confirm if your returned equipment was received back? 

If you need us to have another look to better understand what happened and verify if the charges are legitimate, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog

Thank you,

RogersLaura

s_tiwari
I've been here awhile

Yes I was able to confirm that the equipment was received back. I sent each of the agents the receipt and also the last person from collections the receipt. Got two emails from the collections department again. The account balance still hasn't been updated. 

So basically this forum is also useless, because your company clearly ignores complaints as well.

rbccmsn
I've been around

I had an account a while back and due to unseen circumstances I was unable to pay balance and my account went into collections. I have completely paid off the balance with the agency and that shows on my credit report. However, it still says that I owe that money to Rogers, even though it's been fully paid by the collection agency. How do I remove this from my credit report? It say's I haven't done my monthly payment for over a year and that's just not true. Please help me. 

Good morning @rbccmsn,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad to hear you were able to clear your account. I know we can all face unexpected challenges from time to time. How long ago did you clear the balance with the collections agency?

Typically, if the payment has been made it takes a minimum of 40 days for the Credit Bureau to be updated. If the payment is made via the agency, we do not have access to the details. It may be best for you to direct any specific questions about your payment to the agency in question.

Please keep us posted :).

RogersZia

mm1957
I've been here awhile

I recently checked my credit as our mortgage was coming up for renewal and much to my surprise my credit score was terrible. A derogatory rating and collection assignment was on my report due to an old Rogers Communication account with a balance owing of 130 dollars. I immediately called the Rogers call centre to find out why I was never notified of the amount owning.  I opened this account for my son in 2012 and then transferred to him when he was old enough to have it in his name in November 2015.  When I transferred the account I was told that everything was settled. I am STILL a rogers customer and have been for 32 years although the current accounts are under my husband’s name. 

I contacted the call centre and spoke to Andrew (who was fantastic) and found out the details.  I found out the old account number and he updated my postal code as it was incorrect on the old account.   I suppose that may have been why I did not get the final bill in the mail?  The call centre employee said I was sent the final bill via email.  I did not receive it as I was not set up for that type of billing at that time and I assume it went to my spam folder.  I did not receive a final bill and I had no idea I owed this money. I am a retired banker and know the importance of good credit.  I would not have neglected this bill.  It’s only 130 dollars, of course I would have paid it. Our household bills have always been paper as I’m old school and like a paper copy of things. It has only been recently my husband had to have electronic bills as that is all Rogers offers now. 

I was NEVER sent a final bill.  I was NEVER contacted by home phone about this 130 dollar bill, I was NEVER contacted by a third party collection agency either.  I am hopeful this situation can be rectified here.  I do not want to start the process of Disputing with TransUnion and Equifax and the Consumer protection agency but I have to have this derogatory rating off my credit file as it does not belong there and in my opinion was an error on Rogers part.  

Fwiw, I would have no hesitation in starting a dispute process with both Transunion and Equifax.  I think with Equifax you'll have no choice as Rogers reports account status to them from what I remember.  Transunion, I'm no so sure.  You would have to call Transunion to determine if there is a derogatory report on your file.  You might find that there isn't one as Rogers might not report anything to Transunion.

Hello @mm1957,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting your concern. Hopefully, all is well at your end. 🙂

I definitely understand the importance of wanting to maintain a good credit history and I'm sure it was disappointing for you to see an outstanding debt added to your record. Especially since you were unaware of it. 

You mentioned that we had the wrong postal code on file for you and that you did not receive any emails regarding the outstanding balance owed. If possible I'd just like to clarify a few points:

- Did we have an accurate contact phone number on file for you?

- Was your billing address changed around the time that the 'Transfer of Responsibility' to your son was completed?

- Were you able to determine if the charges were legitimate after speaking to the Rogers representative?

Normally, once a wireless service is transferred over to a new person, the former account holder would still be responsible for any monthly service fees and usage charges incurred up until the date the services were transferred. Any remaining charges would be on the final bill. Hopefully, this provides some clarification.

In order for us to determine whether or not we did our due diligence with trying to notify you of the outstanding debt before turning it over to collections, we'll need to review your account further. If you'd like us to check into this for you, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

mm1957
I've been here awhile

Laura you asked the following questions:

Did we have an accurate contact phone number on file for you?  YES

- Was your billing address changed around the time that the 'Transfer of Responsibility' to your son was completed? NO

- Were you able to determine if the charges were legitimate after speaking to the Rogers representative NO the associate could not look up the bill. 

You also asked if I'd like you to look into if Rogers did their due diligence prior to sending the bill to collections, YES that is what I would like.  I was not able to figure out how to do the private message thingy.  Sorry!

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Margaret

Normally, once a wireless service is transferred 

mm1957
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your advice.  Rogers reports to both agencies.  I pulled them both the same day.  Equifax was offering free reports and when I saw the derogatory rating I decided to check with Transunion.  I suspect I may have to start a dispute process but I wanted to give Rogers a chance to see if the problem could be rectified at their end.  I also require information from Rogers to include with my dispute i.e final bill which I never received.

Thanks

Margie

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation