cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Apps via Google Play

mapp447
I plan to stick around

HI,

I am a senior just upgraded my phone from an old Nokia flip phone.it has been quite a leap and will take me awhile! i had to upgrade my plan the only thing i have had some trouble with is being able to download apps.i am still trying to figure out using a Google account for emails apps browsers....etc.i think my Google account has been verified i can get on the net but no luck being able to get to the Google play store.i have no clue what the problem is but anyway if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.thanks mapp447

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Downloading Apps via Google Play

Good afternoon @mapp447!

Let's make sure that your account is setup properly.

Please have a look at this link here for full instructions on how to setup your Google Play account: How to add & use accounts in the Google Play Store on your device

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersMoin

Hello, @mapp447.

Congratulations on your upgrade to a smartphone! Our Community is the right place to seek help with your new phone. What's your phone's make and model?

Let's figure out why you are not able to download the apps. What happens when you open Google Play and search for any app to download? Do you get any error messages?

Are you connected to your WiFi network or using your phone data to download the app?

Please provide us with more details so we can better assist.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

mapp447
I plan to stick around

HI,

The phone is a Motorola Moto g pure.i am on Wifi.when i try to open the Google play app it comes back no results the same with Google Chrome i do not seem to be connecting with the internet? i am getting email and texts but something is amiss? i do have a Google account which seems to be verified,i wonder what i might have  messed up? Thanks mapp447

Hello, @mapp447

Thanks for those additional details.

It sounds like your device may not be connecting properly to your Wi-Fi network. 

• Can you try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the Wi-Fi on your device? 
  • Have you tried any other Wi-Fi networks to see if you are able to get a connection?
  • Does your plan have Wireless Data? Can you try connecting with the Wi-Fi turned off to see if it works?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

mapp447
I plan to stick around

HI,

I Did as you suggested turned off Wifi then turned it on again,when i first got the phone i was in the Rogers store and it got Wifi but did not try any downloads at that time.the Wifi seems connected if i do a search i will get a list of apps but i try to download any of them i get a try again message same result when i try the google play app? i am baffled anything else i can try ? i do have a plan that has 5gb data when i turned off Wifi i did enable data with the same results? a real puzzle for me anyway! mapp447

Good afternoon @mapp447!

Let's make sure that your account is setup properly.

Please have a look at this link here for full instructions on how to setup your Google Play account: How to add & use accounts in the Google Play Store on your device

Regards,

RogersCorey

mapp447
I plan to stick around

HI,

Thanks for the tip,i did check my Google account all seemed good,but i switched to another email and that seems to have done the trick! i was afraid that i that i was something i had done wrong and of course it was lol! Thank you for your help! regards mapp447

p.s.is Chrome the best browser for Android?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 in conversation