cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Plus Promotion

BMRBMR
I've been here awhile

When I switched plans in February to Ultimate Everything, I was told I get Disney Plus for 12 months for free, and a link showed up on my login page saying click here to add it.  Tried again and again, does not work.  65 minutes on the phone with two agents, the second one a programmer just making me sit there while he tried to fix the problem, and of course could not get it to work,  SHOCKER !!.  He then says I will pass it off to the "BACKEND" and they will fix it in 24 hours.  This of course is code for, your problem has just been sent down a black hole and will not be fixed.  I told the agent this, but he assured me the problem ( A KNOW PROBLEM AT ROGERS ) would be fixed.  Sure enough, it is 24 hours later and surprise of all surprises, I still cannot get the service.  Should I now WASTE another hour of my life, retelling the whole story to the next agent and getting the usual, the Backend will fix it?

This is UNACEPPTABLE !!!!!!!!!

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disney Plus Promotion

BMRBMR
I've been here awhile

Yesterday, the promotion showed up in the Manage area and worked.  Someone, on the programming side must have fixed the error.  I was able to add the Disney plus and set up the accounts for it to work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also had an issue after migrating to IgniteTV. The MyRogers interface is often flakey and slow.  When you login to MyRogers there should be a link for Subscriptions with "Manage" on the right side of the web page (assuming you're using a browser).  When you click on "Manage" be patient for the screen to refresh and you should then be able to subscribe.

Then if you want to use Disney+ on your IgniteTV boxes, you'll need to use a separate process to get those boxes working by inputting an 8-digit (or so) code from the Disney+ website.  All very convoluted and needs to be done for each box.

I have found the @CommunityHelps people on here to be very helpful with this sort of thing,  Click on the hyperlink in the previous sentence to send them a message (near top right of screen after clicking the hyperlink).

Also make sure your browser is working properly on the MyRogers website. Things like adblockers, popup blockers, etc. can be an issue. See the following link for helpful suggestions:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

If you're using a device like a tablet or phone, try computer/browser mode to get to see all the options on a webpage.

BMRBMR
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your reply, but all I get on my page is an area called MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS with a link in it to add Disney plus.  When you click the link it says you are not eligible to add it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I might have had the same thing initially. Can't remember.  I had several issues after migrating.  Try contacting @CommunityHelps 

Rogers seems to be having issues with their promos...

BMRBMR
I've been here awhile

Yesterday, the promotion showed up in the Manage area and worked.  Someone, on the programming side must have fixed the error.  I was able to add the Disney plus and set up the accounts for it to work.

faisalshah
I've been here awhile

Exactly the same as me and I have talked to about 15 agents by now. I don't want to pay for Disney+ when I was already promised it for free for 6 months. Without it, I was on a better internet connection already.  The last one told me that your service was refused. I migrated from an already good service provider, and on $5 cheaper, to this offer, as I was offered 6 months free of Disney+. Now they either disconnect the call or pass it to another agent. 

Today is the last day, and I am already going to the social and next to consumer forum if I am not addressed t properly today. ANd FIXED the problem.

faisalshah
I've been here awhile

I am passing through the same now. Second time. But this time I need the solution TODAY. Coz last time they kept passing the buck like you mentioned. But only solution happened after coming here on community and contacting support. If they can't make it happen here I cancel right away

4everh8THIS24
I've been here awhile
This issue is still going on. I connect with someone on live chat after getting an email from rogers saying I have disney plus. When I click on the email it then says I don't have it even though it stated I had 90 days to get it and I tried in 30 days. The live chat agent told me I was eligible which makes no sense and then told me he will create a ticket. I got another email but the problem was the same now the agents says I can't get it even though my plan is egliable.

faisalshah
I've been here awhile

I need to update here, that the issue was fixed within 2 days this time! Rogers is catching up !!

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around

Have anyone used there 6 months promotion was it really free was it good ?

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around

Does anyone have Disney plus just wondering if I should do the 6 months promotion

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 in conversation