cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer retention

HeftySpud
I've been around
I have been a loyal customer for at least 25 years! I have had problems for the last few years. And I have complained for the last few years. My biggest ongoing issue is my bill. My bill is $461 a month. This is for home internet, 2 iPhone 11’s, 2 phone lines, 2 Apple Watch’s and Apple Music. I spent 4 hours on hold, having the line drop several times, and being told “nothing we can do about your bill being so high!”
Everyone I speak to says that’s crazy what I’m paying, and they are with Roger’s paying less, or other service providers for a fraction of the price. I feel very undervalued and under appreciated.
I called Virgin, we went over what I had at Roger’s, they offered me everything listed above for $255 a month and this includes 2 new iPhone 14 Pro Max!!
My plan is up September 3rd and this is my last attempt to salvage any type of relationship with Rogers. At this point, it will save me money to pay off the phones and go to another service provider. I just can’t afford to be loyal.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Customer retention

RogersCorey

Greetings @HeftySpud!

We'd be happy to take a look at our available offers and see what we can do to save you some money. I would hate to lose a 25 year customer without trying our utmost best to find an offer that satisfies your needs.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hercules
I've been around
It's nice to know I'm not the only one with pretty much the same issue...even thou I was sure I wasn't lol. I have never had so much anxiety as I do having to EVERY MONTH deal with Rogers! The most frustrating thing is it's over the billing!! How hard is it to bill the price that you were given? It's been 8 months of this never ending rabbit hole with them. Unfortunately every service rep gives me a different answer. Sadly enuf I have started my own notebook of my interactions with Rogers which helps bc they don't seem to have a clue. This is the last month thou I refuse to go thru this any longer. I just want to get my bill and see the amount agreed upon...how hard is that?! 😡😡😡 Good luck with yours.

Good Day @Hercules

A warm welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post with us! 🙌 We're saddened to hear about your experience as the last thing we'd want to do is cause you any anxiety. As a consumer myself, I know how imperative it is to ensure your billing is accurate and a direct reflection of the service(s) you're paying for.

Has your billing issue for this month been rectified since you've last posted? If not, we'd be more than happy to have a gander for you in hopes of getting this ironed out. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a look together. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog. 

Regards,

RogersJo

Niketha
I've been around

I've just began reading the above information and I am beyond disappointed with Rogers and the level of customer service that they offer to Loyal customers. 
I've been with Rogers for 13 years and have always paid my cellphone bill on time with no issues. If I needed to make a payment arrangement, I was able to do so without any issue or threats of having my services disrupted. I had 6 months of hardship and lost my job, still made every effort to attempt to pay my bill on time and see payment arrangements to help. 
Now, if my payment is 1 week late my services get suspended and I am now stuck with a 60+ dollar add-on to my bill. If I make a payment arrangement my services get disconnected right away. The few times that I over paid my bill not once did I get a notification of it or my money back, but have any late payments lead to more fees, this is complete robbery!  What ever happened to assisting customers, especially loyal customers who put thousands of dollars in your pockets over 10+ years? 

I am at the point where I am seeking to return the phone that I have, cancel my account and move onto another company. The one thing Rogers taught me is that they do not appreciate their loyal customers and we are all just a sad number on their list.

Thank you Rogers to being so helpful to your loyal customers. 

Good afternoon @Niketha,

Any overpayments would roll over and be credited towards the balance on your next invoice. 

I understand that times are tough. If you're struggling, please reach out to our Credit Operations team to discuss your options.

If you follow this link: Outstanding account, payments – Contact Us - Rogers you'll find the different contact methods you can use to reach them.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Stellarew
I've been around
I HATE dealing w Rogers. Been a customer for 25 years and every time I have an issue I’m on hold for HOURS and get the run around with anyone who works there and can’t seem to figure out how best to support me or answer the question directly. This is NOT customer service. I’ve been only hold for over an hour. I’m waiting for the call to drop any minute because that’s what always happens. I’m ready to leave and go to Fido which always has better plans and will do anything to keep their customers.

Joan10
I've been here awhile

I have had Rogers increase my bill by $60 a month.  No reason for it, poor customer service.  I am a senior and cannot afford an increase such as this.  I have only 1 tv, one mini iPad, on this bill.  It is a disgrace, and there is no need for it but greed!  After all Ed Rogers lives in Forest Hills Toronto, and he is just one of the children.  All in private TO schools as well, exploiting the rest of us!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Joan10 : I assume you were on some sort of promotional/introductory plan to get such an increase now?  I have the following comments:

1. Promotional/introductory plans are just that - temporary.  After the promotion is over, you need to pay regular pricing.  The promotion is to get you to subscribe to Rogers.  All providers are the same. If you wish another promotional plan, you'll need to go to the bother of switching providers.

2. If you find the pricing too high, but wish to stay with Rogers, you can contact Rogers to see what they can do for you. There are many ways to contact Rogers per the "contact us" at the bottom of most web pages, including sending a PM to the mods on this forum.  I have found them most helpful most times.

3. I responded to your earlier similar post in the link below:  Rogers has "connected for success" plans for low income people.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Huge-price-increase-on-my-bill/m-p/518412/high...

RB34
I've been here awhile

I saw this after I just posted on a separate matter but it seems like the company needs to make a better effort to retain customers by providing better customer service. 

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 in conversation