cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off/ collections

jashandeep12
I've been around

My friend had an account with rogers but the visa details were mine. She did not pay her bills and account was handed over to collection agency. When they contacted me telling me about the bill and it will impact my credit score, I paid it right away but now , it is listed as derogatory on my credit history. I want to resolve that account and that mark on my credit report. I am currently a rogers customer from last 3 years. what should I do. I can provide evidence of the incident as well. I have talked to the collection agency several times but it didn't do any good. Now, I  am landing a new job in finance and they need to do a credit check, I might lose my job offer because of that mark. I am not sure, what to do?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Charge off/ collections

RogersZia

Good afternoon @jashandeep12,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that you've found yourself in this situation after you tried to help someone out. Based on what you've shared it would be best if you contact our Credit Operations team for further assistance. You can reach out to them at 1 (866) 346-3430. The hours of operation are:

• Mon-Fri: 7 am to Midnight
  • Sat: 7:30am to 9pm
  • Sun: 10am to 6pm

Good luck!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersZia

Good afternoon @jashandeep12,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that you've found yourself in this situation after you tried to help someone out. Based on what you've shared it would be best if you contact our Credit Operations team for further assistance. You can reach out to them at 1 (866) 346-3430. The hours of operation are:

• Mon-Fri: 7 am to Midnight
  • Sat: 7:30am to 9pm
  • Sun: 10am to 6pm

Good luck!

RogersZia

Princess_Peach
I plan to stick around

I spent over 4 hours, most of it on hold, with credit operations over a similar issue. I was told I should forget about the matter because no one will help me. I am happy to provide Rogers with the details so they can get the recording of my conversation. I've been a Rogers customer for 20 years and the experience I had last week broke the camel's back. I am going elsewhere. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation