cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of 3rd party sales reps

dz7
I've been around

Just wanted to share some frustration regarding recent experiences. 

Apparently Rogers distributes a list of phone numbers to 3rd party sales teams to win back customers, my phone number was on that list, most likely because I was a previous Rogers customer.

I was already using Rogers internet at a decent price, and then started receiving calls asking me if I wanted a good deal from Rogers, and I initially declined several times as I already have services. Over the next couple of months, I got the same types of calls again and again, and eventually I decided to hear them out.

I was told that it would be a good deal, but they have to cancel my existing services and set this up on a new account (using someone else's name and email, for example a family member's). It felt shady but I was being pushed by the salesman and promised that my monthly cost would be lower than what I'm currently paying and they'll take care of everything.

Long story short:
- I got the services installed

- Monthly cost was good but was not lower than what I was paying before

- Discounts that were discussed verbally on the phone were not promised (I was told that activation fees would be waived and that additional discounts would kick in after 6 months, which never happened)

- I have now locked in a 2year contract, which I was not aware of 

- Fake name was used for the installation

I tried to call Rogers customer service but most of them say that there's nothing they can do, I am stuck in a contract and there were no notes on my account regarding discounts, and when I asked Rogers on how I can get in contact with the salesman that sold the services to me, they said that they do not have that info, which is insane because they could literally lie to get you to sign up, lock you into a contract, and nothing would happen to them, while you're on the hook. Overall it feels like very shady business practice with no accountability.

My advice to others are:

- Make sure everything is written down, confirm what your discounts are

- Ask what is the window for cancellation and if you're on hook for a contract

- Avoid doing deals over the phone, unless you can somehow record it, also retain their name and contact info

- Generally do not trust 3rd party sales people

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Beware of 3rd party sales reps

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can also call rogers and request to be placed on their internal do not call list.  

Re: Beware of 3rd party sales reps

RogersYasmine

Greetings @dz7 ,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience with one of our outbound sales agents. I must say, based on your description, this sounds very concerning. I just want to confirm that this type of sales tactic is NOT normal practice and is NOT condoned by Rogers in any way.

Out of curiosity, you mentioned that a 'fake' name was used. How was this name decided upon and what credentials were used in order to process this order? Normally, we would need 2 valid pieces of ID + date of birth in order to process a credit evaluation and complete the order. 

We would certainly like to have a closer look at this account to see what transpired and take it from there. If possible, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation