cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaw had Visual Voicemail for my Pixel 6, Rogers merged OUT that feature.

nerB
I'm here a lot

So, on Shaw Mobile, for select Android devices, including the Google Pixel 6 Pro, I totally had functioning Visual Voicemail, with features just as exclusively offered to iPhone users, on the Rogers network. I thought this basic feature would be simply implemented in 2023.

Is there any noteworthy reason not to include this feature at a similar price when technically it's virtually the same features? They're implemented on Android since version 6 when I use Android 13. I DO NOT want Voicemail To Text. It's NOT a worthy alternative.

When I realized I was back to dial in voicemail after switching from Shaw service to Rogers, it was very annoying. I would prefer they roll out the Visual Voicemail feature for as many customers who are willing to pay for it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shaw had Visual Voicemail for my Pixel 6, Rogers merged OUT that feature.

nerB
I'm here a lot

I guess there is no answer, just no service, no explanation, no reasoning, about this. "We don't like a feature that is normal for iPhone users being offered to Android users." Is it a licensing deal with Apple? What is the deal?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @nerB!

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and Congrats on your first post with us! We're elated to have you on board with us! 🙌

At this time, we no longer offer Visual Voicemail for Android devices. 😥 The features that were offered with our Visual Voicemail have since been remapped to Enhanced Voicemail. In the event that you do not require voicemail to text, you do have the ability to remove that feature, however you would no longer have the option to add it back on in the future. 

We're so sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you. We most definitely appreciate your feedback and will ensure it gets passed to the appropriate channel.

Regards,

RogersJo 

nerB
I'm here a lot

Is there any reason Rogers doesn't like money from Android customers?
Why would Shaw take my money but not Rogers?

Not interested?? But why? If it is a simple arbitrary reason, not technical, not commercial, why not enable it?

Like I said, I have money to give Rogers.

nerB
I'm here a lot
Wait.. this is altogether strange.

Turning a useful feature that is widely desirable, "remapped" to an undesirable feature, was Rogers's choice? Instead of offering (heavens forbid) two features that some people like, if I don't like it Rogers can take away all the features and never give them back? That's "offering value"? Feels like a rude gut punch when I'm wondering where my Shaw feature went. I asked the agent directly, Are all features the same? They said yes. I saved all my transcripts. Sure maybe not an "outright lie", mistakes are made that cost me time and money, but plenty a "fable to quiet children" I guess.

nerB
I'm here a lot

I guess there is no answer, just no service, no explanation, no reasoning, about this. "We don't like a feature that is normal for iPhone users being offered to Android users." Is it a licensing deal with Apple? What is the deal?

nerB
I'm here a lot

"In the event that you do not require voicemail to text, you do have the ability to remove that feature, however you would no longer have the option to add it back on in the future."

Just to spell this out. The sentence above literally means: If you don't take the option we have to offer RIGHT NOW, we'll take away the chance forever.

Customer Service LOL.

"Services will not change at this time" (except a whole bunch of them, he he he he, SHHHHH)

EvilAaron
I've been around

Just migrated from Shaw today and was wondering what happened. I had assumed VM to text was Visual VM. Well rude surprise I guess. Leaves a bitter taste on day one 😕

Russ-T
I've been around

Is there any plan to implement Visual Voicemail for Android in the future? It's so odd that this feature would be limited to iPhone devices, what's the reasoning behind that? I'd rather have no voicemail than the existing basic voicemail/voicemail to text. I hate having to call in just to delete a voicemail. 

piperd
I've been here awhile
I'm sure there's a Competition Bureau case in here somewhere. Rogers' silence on why this is an iPhone-only feature - and warrants discontinuing Android support post-merger - is deafening.

Megakun
I've been around
Koodo has visual voicemail.
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 in conversation