cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much are you paying for internet and tv?

Laurajane09
I'm a regular

i feel im paying alot what is everyone else paying?

i want to see if im getting a good deal or really bad deal.

how do you get a good deal

*** Edited labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: how much are you paying for internet and tv?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Laurajane09 wrote:

i feel im paying alot what is everyone else paying?

i want to see if im getting a good deal or really bad deal.

how do you get a good deal

People generally do not post information here about the promotions that they receive.  I don't think it is against the rules, but it is also not helpful because even if someone does post about getting a ridiculously good deal, it may not be available at your address or it also may not be accessible by the support agent that you are speaking with.

If you wish, you could also share information about the services that you are interested in and the discounts that you were offered.  Others in the Community can then provide their feedback.

As for getting the best deal that you can, from what I have seen, Rogers tends to offer their best deals at certain times of the year:

- Back-to-school (late August/early September), although the best deals are sometimes only available to students with student ID.

- Black Friday

- A few weeks before Christmas

- Boxing day through to the end of the year

You may also find good deals at certain events.  (I don't know about Rogers but I have heard of people getting FANTASTIC deals for Bell FTTH at the Canadian National Exhibition.)

Also try the wireless kiosk at Costco.

The best deals are usually also often only available to new customers or retention deals after you cancel your services.

The "best" times of the year are also the times that I have seen the beat offers on MyRogers.  The only problem there is that you will only see promotions that require upgrading your current services.

You can also try sending a private message to @CommunityHelps and asking them to check pricing and discounts for services that you are interested in.

Lastly, if you absolutely must sign up for services right now, do it, but DO NOT accept any offers with a "term discount" that locks you into a multi-year contract with early cancellation fees.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to add to @-G-'s comments:

1.  I highly recommend messaging the moderators at @CommunityHelps when it comes to determining costs for Rogers services that you are interested in.  That messaging back and forth gives you time to digest the information that the moderators will send you, so, you're not under pressure to "accept" a deal.  When you're satisfied with the offer that the moderators can extend to you, you can accept that offer via message.

2.  Rogers reps should offer you two rates in terms of "two year" contracts.  One without an Early Termination Fee, and one with an Early Termination Fee.  An offer without an ETF will most likely be $10 (?)/month more than an offer with an ETF.  So, yes you can probably save money by accepting a contract with an ETF, but, hey, you never know if something will come up and you have to cancel your service.  Without an ETF, that's a simple process, cancel the contract and return any equipment that must be returned.  With an ETF, you're looking at a payout penalty cost which depends on how much longer you have to go before you're finished the contract.  That appears to catch a number of customers off guard, and I don't know if that's because the ETF was not fully explained up front or not.  

If you're looking to change any of your services, you need to review the type of contract that you're in, without ETF, or with ETF.  Rogers should have sent you a Critical Information Summery, Residential Services Agreement, and Terms of Service and Other Important Information document which outline all of your services.  That would have arrived shortly after your last renewal.  It's very important that you review those documents prior to deciding to launch off and change your services.  If you're under a contract with an ETF, then the question is, how much is the cost to change that contract.  That might be a deciding factor on whether or not to change your services.  You should ask the agent that you contact what the exact payout will be if you decide to change your services.  Once again, I highly recommend inquiring about any contract renewal or contract change with the moderators.  

@CommunityHelps is the group address for the moderators here on the Rogers Forum.  When you're logged into the forum, follow this link to the @CommunityHelps page.  On that page will be a link on the right hand side to Send a Message.  Follow that link to the message composition page.  The address will fill in automatically.  Fill in the subject and details, including your account number and when the message is complete, hit Send Message at the bottom.

When you're logged into the forum, look for a number overlaying the envelope symbol at the upper right hand corner.  That will indicate that there's an inbound message for you.  Follow that envelope symbol as it serves as a link to the message inbox and outbox.  From the response in the inbox you can then message back and forth as required.  There will be an authentication procedure that you will have to complete in order to service any change requests for your account.

To send anyone else on the forum a message, including @CommunityHelps, hover your mouse over their user name and a popup will appear with a link to send a Private Message.  Follow that Private Message link to the message composition page and as before the message addressee will fill in automatically.  Fill in the subject and details and hit Send Message when you're ready to send the message.

cannuckray
I've been here awhile

Im paying around $115 all in for ignite , with 20 pack theme channels, and fast internet

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation