cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Ignite TV - Feedback

Messor_Animae
I plan to stick around

Do NOT switch to Ignite, it is a terrible service and you will lose all your legacy PVR recordings and your cell phone may not be able to connect to Ignite WIFI.

I got suckered into switching to Ignite by being told that my legacy PVRs would still work until November when the legacy cable in my condominium building, which has a bulk agreement with Rogers, will no longer be active. Ignite was installed on Sunday and today, Monday, my three owned PVRs are deauthorized which prevents use so that cable TV and the recordings are not available. I paid a lot of money for those three PVRs and now they are useless and no compensation for their loss of use was offered. 

Also, two of my cell phones will not connect by wifi to the Ignite modem to access the internet instead of using the data plans. I spent hours with online chat over a period of 2 days without the problem being fixed. It is certainly the Ignite modem's wifi that is the problem because the cell phones connected with the legacy cable internet modem and with other wifi routers including an old Apple wifi router. 

Keep your Rogers legacy cable TV and other legacy services as long as possible. Rogers will try to force you to switch to Ignite, if you do you will become Inflamed!

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Switching to Ignite TV - Feedback

RogersZia

Good evening @Messor_Animae,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that your experience switching from legacy to Ignite TV has been less than ideal. Please reach out to us if you require any account or tech assistance.

You can send us a PM @CommunityHelps for any account related inquires or feel free to post in the forums for the Community's input.

RogersZia

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I THOUGHT as long as the box wasnt rebooted (and therefore needed to re authorize), they recordings would still be available.  But that could have changed.
But yeah, once the switch on the account side was done, they would de-authorize the old boxes 😞

What exact devices/phones are you trying to connect with? (model, etc)
If they are crazy old.. might be that they are only 802.11G capable? (which I think the rogers in N/AC only)
I have as of just checking, over 40 wireless devices on my wifi active at the moment (a lot of smart home devices), and about 20 wired.

I know some people struggle sometimes with some smart home devices... which sometimes NEED 2.4ghz, and they are not smart enough to auto negotiate, the 2.4 and 5 combined SSID that rogers uses for the wifi. (normaly leaves it up to the device to auto negotiate which is best for it)

Only other thing I can think of... did you keep the same SSID wifi name?  I have occasionally seen that be an issue..  but I am assuming they had you while testing, have your device FORGET The wifi and try re connecting.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

I THOUGHT as long as the box wasnt rebooted (and therefore needed to re authorize), they recordings would still be available.  But that could have changed.

That used to be the case, but no longer. See my post on the topic below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Transfer-Recording-From-Digital-TV-To-Ignite-TV/m-p/...

The programming is still there, as outlined in the post that follows the above link, but the PVR needs to be connected to an active legacy digital cable account.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation