cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Netflix, Crave etc via Rogers Provide Native App Access?

chank
I plan to stick around

I don't have IgniteTV, but I have a question about using Rogers to pay for service subscriptions. I understand that subscribing to services like Netflix and Crave through Rogers allows you to use the Ignite STB search feature to search across their content too, but is it still possible to access those services via a regular browser on a laptop or via the Netflix or Crave apps on say an iPad, *without* using any Rogers app?

My (adult) kids sometimes will watch Netflix on their iPads away from home, but if I subscribe to Netflix through Rogers will they still be able to do that, or will they have to use some installed Rogers app?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Does Netflix, Crave etc via Rogers Provide Native App Access?

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
You can use your logins on any platform.

thats the thing, when you use it on your set top box there is no login,  how do you login to the same account on any other device? what is the user name? does rogers give this out?

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
I would assume it's your MyRogers credentials.

I was not aware that Rogers automatically logs you in if you buy through them.

So there is a unique login from rogers, it does not specifically state its your MyRogers credentials, so lets assume its not.

Here is what it says on the Rogers.com web site:

Wireless Customers:

If you subscribe to Netflix Rogers Billing and forgot the email address or username associated with your Netflix account, you can retrieve it by logging in to your rogers.com profile. Once logged in, click Let’s go under the Netflix icon. You will be directed to the Sign into your Netflix account page on Netflix, where the username will be displayed.

Ignite TV and SmartStream Customers:

If you subscribe to Netflix Rogers Billing and forget the email address or username associated with your Netflix account, you can retrieve it by accessing the Netflix app on your Ignite TV box or Ignite SmartStream. Once you are in the Netflix app, choose a profile and click Get Help. Highlight the Member section, the email address listed is your username. If the Netflix app has since been logged out of, contact Netflix Help for assistance.

@Lurker_Returns wrote:
I would assume it's your MyRogers credentials.

I don't have NetFlix, but that's how it works with Crave. When you first try to login with a device (I use an iPad), it asks you how wish to login - using your provider's credentials, etc. and it provides you with the various options.  I used the MyRogers username and password.  That was a while ago and I'm still on Digital Cable.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

57, Thats the thing we are discussing here at hand.

Apps like Crave, TSN Go, Sportsnet Now, etc. are created with the ability to sign in with your TV providers MyAcocunt credentials.  Apps such as Netflix is not.  Netflix carrier billing is quite new to many people, you sign up with netflix right thru the rogers ignite set top box and it bills it to your rogers bill,  but when you launch it on the set top box, it signs in for you automatically, but behind the scenes there is some kind of credentials, what we are trying to figure out is, is it indeed the MyRogers credentials, or does it create a different one?   if someone who uses netflix billed to their rogers bill can kindly answer this for us, that would be great.  I would love to know too how it works.

chank
I plan to stick around

... and also the other way round. If I already have a Netflix account, do I *have* to setup Netflix Rogers Billing in order to search Netflix with IgniteTV?
Same goes for Crave and Disney+. I already have accounts with those providers (although they are not all active at the same time). Do I have to do the billing through Rogers in order to use the search feature in IgniteTV?

Harry7588
I've been around

Netflix carrier billing is quite new to many people, you sign up with netflix right thru the rogers ignite set top box and it bills it to your rogers bill,  but when you launch it on the set top box, it signs in for you automatically, but behind the scenes there is some kind of credentials, what we are trying to figure out is, is it indeed the MyRogers credentials, or does it create a different one.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation