cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CityTV CC doesn't work

SB28
I plan to stick around

Does anybody else have the following problem:  CityTV programs subbed on US channels - CC does not work. 

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CityTV CC doesn't work

RogersTony

Hello, @SB28

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

I use the CC feature often so I can understand how disappointing it is to find it not working on certain programs. Please answer the questions below so we can get more details.

• Do all other programs/channels work fine with CC?
  • What specific programs are you noticing this happening on?
  • Do you subscribe to Ignite TV or Digital Cable?

Is there anyone else in the community experiencing issues with CC on CityTV programs?

We look forward to reviewing your responses.

RogersTony

SB28
I plan to stick around

Hello Tony,

I have digital cable.  Last night, while watching AGT on NBC (ch 524), the CC did not work -- it was showing the CityTV feed.  When I flipped to CityTV (ch 519),  it was working.  I notice this on many shows where I record the US channel, but it's showing the citytv feed.  I haven't noticed it with any other channels (yet).

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Whenever you record programming that will be simsubbed it's a good idea to always record the Canadian channel. This will preclude these sorts of problems and also some problems that are associated with the "switchover" when the programme starts that may cause the programme not to be recorded at all.

SB28
I plan to stick around

Thanks 57.

However, don't like recording Canadian channels, since they can't be relied upon.  They sometimes change schedules, then I won't record the program at all. Doesn't happen with global or ctv subbed programs.  Whoever is responsible for subbing should fix it -- whether rogers, city or crtc. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation