cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choices

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

As I have sent suggestions into a few of the resident experts or moderators about CHOICES that a subscriber may want with their TV service. All our services on Ignite TV are delivered by the internet. ( and most other TV Providers do the same now).

Years ago even before Digital we had a few TV packages that were made up by the TV Provider ( take it or leave) subscriber had no choice, a lot of unwanted channels.

The 4+1 U.S. were included, Stingray was included. ( most other providers offered the same)

I was never on a Mix and Match system with Digital, but this offered the subscriber choice to make up their choice of channels, rather than a lot of unwanted channels.

As Rogers moved to internet delivered TV (Ignite TV) which we didn’t have at the time ( still on Digital ) with a lot of unwanted channels.

I don’t know when the Flex system was introduced but this gave the subscriber a chance to choose a package of 5,10, and 20 with Sports and you could add more channels if they were premium or not included. The majority of Speciality channels were there to choose from and you were able to exchange one for another.

BUT in Rogers almighty wisdom they decided that the 4+1 U.S. stations and Stingray channels would not be included as most Canadians wanted choices this was in a post July 2021 by Rogers and that they were distant channels, they were never distant channels before. I honestly believe this was Rogers choosing not the subscribers.

Now as of November 1, 2023 the Flex system is not available to New customers , but existing can keep what they have. Which we have.

Around that date Rogers introduced the New and Improved packages Starter, Popular and Total all now include the 4+1 U.S. channels and Stingray APP and again a lot of other unwanted channels that a subscriber likely wouldn’t want, but Rogers calls this a balance and no choice to subscriber ( like Mix and Match or the Flex system)

Again Rogers has flipped flopped from inclusive packages on Digital (unwanted channels) moved to a Flex system which offered subscribers choices and now have gone back to packages with no choices to subscribers ( except the Starter which a subscriber can add channels of their choice,  but expensive.)

Please let the subscriber make their own choices, Rogers offers the channels and the subscriber makes their own choices of what they want, not Rogers. If the Flex system allowed swap able channels there is no reason for Rogers to Flip Flop all the time, other tv providers don’t do this.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Choices

RogersYasmine

Hello @Flavour1 ,

We really appreciate you joining us in the community and sharing your honest thoughts on our TV packages. Although, we do our best to create packages that are as attractive and cost-effective as possible, we do realize that our customers' needs are constantly changing and evolving.

Your input is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded for review and consideration. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Re: Choices

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

Hi Yasine, Thank you for response. Rogers has flipped flopped from loaded bundles

in the Digital format, then went Flex now (which gave the subscribers choices) and isn’t available as of November 1, 2023 to new customers ,but existing subscribers can keep and now we are back to loaded bundles Popular and Total.

this is Rogers choice not the subscribers. There haven’t been any new channels for along time. So basically it is the same after you sign up for a 24 term on a package and you call in before it expires “the package and pricing isn’t available anymore.”

”Enough said, just leave things alone” 

This will give the Flex Starter, 5,10 and 20 + Sports subscribers some choices and alternatives, as I have learned with our Flex 10 package, this gives us more choices than just what Rogers offers that you can download apps from the app store or on your Smart TV. With Flex 10 we pick OUR favourite channels ( speciality channels from the list of Flex channels besides what is offered in The Starter offerings ( mandatory). We can add more channel offerings to our Flex 10. With apps

From the App Store or Smart Tv we get these channels Live and free - Al Jazeera, France 24, DW, Euronews, NHK Japan, CP 24, CTV News channel, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News, Cheddar News, Fox News, News Maxand likely many,

with NO Sign required to a tv provider. As likely most of us only watch a news channel for a certain period of time, they would limit the amount of channels with our 10 at one time. These are available with a Flex package with Rogers but with using the app on your mobile device or Smart Tv this opens the door to these channels and not fill up your limited Flex package and really keep the amount of favourite Flex channels in your package without swap them in and out.

The same with Networks- CBC Gem app free with ads or ( no adds all on demand shows and CBC News Network for $4.99 a month)  -  14 time shift channels, Explore channel, Comedy channel, Olympic channel. It isn’t on Rogers.

Global Tv app Free - 6 time shift channels Live, News channels and Freeplay.( which includes a lot their speciality channels with free episodes and movies.) Not on Rogers. No sign in required

CTV app - lots of free episodes from CTV speciality channels and their Throwback programs and free movies. Not on Rogers. No sign in required.

TVO. me or TVO Today app, Not on Rogers. No sign in required.

B.C. Knowledge Network App. Not on Rogers

If you subscribe to Prime - all City TV timeshift channels Live are included, Global News and Bloomberg also along with City TV News 24/7 East and West. ( which is  free with their app.

Pluto TV, Plex TV, Distro Tv  lots of Tv shows and movies, Free and No sign in required.

So for Flex subscribers that have remained here are some suggestion to add to your Flex package that gives you more choices and alternatives and they are free to download and content is free and not on Rogers.

Or is it maybe Rogers is concerned that by putting some of these Canadian Neetwork Apps that are free and content free say with Timeshift channels. Subscribers may cancel their time shift packages.

Just thought I would pass on some choices and alternatives to subscribers that are on a Flex package.

So I ask when is all this coming to the app section of Ignite TV.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation