cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

911 On Demand no Longer Available.

CLMJN
I've been here awhile

Hi - I watched half the season of 911 through on demand, and now the whole series is gone!!  Is this permanent?

**Added Labels**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 911 On Demand no Longer Available.

RogersTony

Hello, @CLMJN

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I would be pretty frustrated if a show I was watching was removed from On Demand before I could finish it.

I have looked into this for you on my end and I am no longer seeing 9-1-1 available On Demand. The licenses for the content have a start and end date. Once it has expires we no longer have the ability to provide it On Demand. 

I know this may not be the answer you were hoping to hear. 😞

RogersTony

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersTony

Hello, @CLMJN

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I would be pretty frustrated if a show I was watching was removed from On Demand before I could finish it.

I have looked into this for you on my end and I am no longer seeing 9-1-1 available On Demand. The licenses for the content have a start and end date. Once it has expires we no longer have the ability to provide it On Demand. 

I know this may not be the answer you were hoping to hear. 😞

RogersTony

CLMJN
I've been here awhile

Thanks Tony.  You're right - total bummer!

CLMJN
I've been here awhile

Tony - why doesn't Rogers then renew the license?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CLMJN : Which season were you watching?  Although I don't watch this programme, I see that season 5 just aired the last episode a month ago.  I would think that it would be available OD in a while?  I know that when I watch some shows that go on for several seasons, the last season or two might take a bit of time to get into the OD lineup.

It is always a good idea to notice when the licence expires when you go to the OD selection...  Once the programme has aired for a while, it's not usually profitable for a provider to renew a licence since "everyone" has already seen it, although most of the licences I've seen go on for quite a while.

JayD2
I've been around

I had almost watched all episodes of the most recent season and it disappeared to Disney+. The same occurred with Will Trent just after the season ended. Something fishy about this. Definitely not paying for Disney+ to watch what was on TV

a week or so prior.  Just  renewed my library card though.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Quite often, Canadians get shafted, while Americans have more free-viewing options.

Although Season 1 of Will Trent is available via Amazon Prime for the Americans, they also have Hulu, and the ABC website (only episodes 3-8 are locked to all but ABC cable/streaming subscribers), that offers many of the episodes, free to stream to all Americans (and sneaky Canadians with VPNs, etc.), but with commercial breaks.

Without that Disney+ Canada exclusive, I assume that CTV would still have the series available on its website, and On Demand (for various providers).

ABC is still airing reruns on Friday night, and since Internet piracy is often used as a backup On Demand system, many Canadians tend to find ways to get what they want at an affordable price.

Where there's a Will, there's a way, and often a dead body to bury or burn.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation