cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visible password

Sammy4433
I've been around

Hello
This week, a technician came into my house to install my rogers modem. During that time he asked me to put in my user name and password on his phone (he has 2) to verify I had internet. I noticed my password was visible on his phone, which was odd because he could easily have saved a screenshot. I am not sure whether this is normal procedure, and if it is, it opens the customer to all kinds of potential fraud. 

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: visible password

RogersMoin

Hello, @Sammy4433.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

There are other ways to confirm your Internet is working without you inputting your password in the tech’s phone. It’s recommended to have your MyRogers working and Ignite WiFi Hub app installed on your device at the time of installation. 

I’m hoping you have changed the password since the tech completed the installation.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can request a coach back for the tech. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersMoin

Hello, @Sammy4433.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

There are other ways to confirm your Internet is working without you inputting your password in the tech’s phone. It’s recommended to have your MyRogers working and Ignite WiFi Hub app installed on your device at the time of installation. 

I’m hoping you have changed the password since the tech completed the installation.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can request a coach back for the tech. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

A lot of people are very quick to jump to the conclusion the technician is saving peoples wifi password in his phone for later to possibly and use your internet?  People, Please have a little more faith in the technicians. The technicians do many many service calls in a day, all they really want is to do their job with the least complications and get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible and move on to their next customer.  If anything they can do to quickly make sure your wifi is working they will do it even if its connecting to your network to test the connection, then let them do it and not judge them, they literally do dozens of installations in a day imagine if they need to test a connection and no one has a working computer or tablet and they have to sit around and wait and wait and wait, they also have other jobs to do besides yours so if they can test with their phone and not have to spend 20-30 mins looking for a tablet or recharging a dead one to try, they will do the easiest thing,  they are also trained to respect customer privacy and will never use your personal information or  credentials outside of the service call.

digitalcox
I'm here a lot

change your password asap

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah so the technician can come drive by your house at night time and steal your internet? wow people think technicians have all the free time in the world to do these things, what if the guy just wanted to get his job done asap so he can come home and spend time with his wife and kids? why do people not think this is important?

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation