cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Emails with fake To and From Addresses.

COPO
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I've been getting about 6 emails per day and the From and To address just changes each day.

Is there a way to stop these in Outlook 2019 or my iPad or iPhone. I've just been blocking both From and To addresses on my iPhone and iPad. Some go to Junk but I'd rather them not show up at all.

I have a MailWash Program but since my email address doesn't show in the email then the email never gets to the MailWash Program for me to Bounce it back to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Examples 

Date: December 6, 2021 at 7:06:37 AM EST
To: example_email@fake_email.com
Subject: _???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ? ?????? ?? ?????? ????_
Reply-To: Whom It May Concern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: December 6, 2021 at 7:06:29 AM EST
To: person <example_email@fake_email.com>
Subject: ????????? ?? ?????
Reply-To: Whom it may concern <example_email@fake_email.com>

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Spam Emails with fake To and From Addresses.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I assume these are coming through Rogers/Yahoo e-mail to your @Rogers e-mail address. If this is true you can login to your webmail and you should be able to see these in your inbox.  Click on them and indicate they are spam at the top of the page. This will move them to your spam folder in Rogers/Yahoo and also indicate to Yahoo that these are spam. They may then be able to filter them out before the e-mails get to you or possibly send them to your spam folder in Webmail which leaves them there.

Does the subject line (or from line) really contain ?????.  If so, then you should be able to filter that using your e-mail client's filter or the Rogers/Yahoo filters for say "???" in the subject/from line.  Not too many real e-mails would contain that...

COPO
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reply. Yes the ? marks are in the address as it is a mask.

I rarely use Yahoo for my mail as I use my iphone and iPad and Outlook 2019 on my Laptop.

I'll check out the options on Yahoo.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I suggest you log in to Webmail every so often.  I do this once a week.  Sometimes a real e-mail will be put in the Spam folder there in error, so it's good to check the Spam folder once in a while.  No sorting algorithm is perfect.

I also use Outlook on my Mac Mini computer and Mail on my iPad.

Good Luck

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation