cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zedd customer solutions

Dj_joeev
I've been here awhile

I was cold.called today by this company.
Caller id shows 'Rogers Comm' I was offered a very good deal for home internet and when I accepted they asked for 2 pieces of ID over the phone. It sounded suspcious so I asked them to call back. I can't find any information for this company even after talking to a rep from Rogers on the phone.
I read an old post from 2012 about this company. Can anyone confirm if this is a scan or not?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Zedd customer solutions

RogersMaude

Good evening @Dj_joeev,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Getting marketing calls can be concerning sometimes.

Zedd Solutions may have contacted you regarding a potential promotion you qualified for.

We might not have any record of the phone call until an account is successfully created under your name.

If you no longer wish to receive this type of incoming phone call, you should update your marketing permissions. You can do it by visiting this page: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/unsubscribe.

You could also get in touch with them directly for an official reply: http://zeddsolutions.com/contact-us/.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude​​​​​​​

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

RogersMaude

Good evening @Dj_joeev,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Getting marketing calls can be concerning sometimes.

Zedd Solutions may have contacted you regarding a potential promotion you qualified for.

We might not have any record of the phone call until an account is successfully created under your name.

If you no longer wish to receive this type of incoming phone call, you should update your marketing permissions. You can do it by visiting this page: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/unsubscribe.

You could also get in touch with them directly for an official reply: http://zeddsolutions.com/contact-us/.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude​​​​​​​

Dj_joeev
I've been here awhile
The only thing I am concerned about is giving personal information over the phone. I am very interested in the promotion they offered me however I am hesitant on giving 2 pieces of ID over the phone from. A company that cold called me.
Also, they gave me my account info and their employee number to check with an actual Rogers customer service e repesentiave but when I called they could not find any info on the information I was provided

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersMaude 

The bottom line is that rogers having Zedd Customer Solutions act on their behalf is something that should have been ended years ago. They are a disreputable company - pure and simple! Customers should not have to update their permissions or get in touch with them directly. A company that has a history of abusive and rude behaviour has no business at all acting on behalf of rogers. Please say good riddance to this shady company.

Hello, @Dugi.

Thank you for joining this conversation and sharing your views in regards to Zedd Customer Solutions. We certainly appreciate your feedback; we will pass on your remarks for the review. 

Thanks for your contributions.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

bob43
I've been here awhile

While we are in a state of emergency during a global pandemic, the call centre that my daughter works for, Zedd Customer Solutions in North Bay Ontario, is continuing to run business as usual.

Apparently calling people unsolicited to upgrade their cable packages has been deemed an essential service. More essential than the health and safety of those hired to create that profit and drive those sales. This third party calling centre is not customer care, their authority lies solely in increasing revenue.

Many employees at Zedd have babies or young children at home, and a lot of the people working at this minimum wage job, including my daughter, have chronic preexisting conditions. Not to mention the employees who are seniors, or who take care of elderly parents.

She heard numerous times, first-hand from upper management that the novel coronavirus "is just a common cold" and that they "are all going to get it anyways".

Price gouging pensioners on a fixed income should not be considered an essential service and the fact that it has been allowed to be classified as such is morally reprehensible.

Capitalism will be our downfall and it's happening in real time.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
The Ontario Government usually decides what industry is deemed essential, but there are many jobs within the industry which are needed during this Covid-19 crisis and some which are not, but be thankful she has a job. If she is really that unsatisfied with her job and feels she is trying to gouge customers for money, then when this Covid outbreak is over she should consider finding a job in a field she enjoys.

bob43
I've been here awhile

The issue is with Zedd finding a loophole to keep themselves open. They were set to shut down as of midnight last night until they made enough phone calls to change their course. They have not been following social distancing guidelines and the upper management has been openly scoffing at the idea that Coronavirus is a threat. IgniteTV revenue is not worth lives in jeopardy. My daughter is following Social Isolation guidelines as laid out by government officials because unlike this corporation, she understands the importance of social responsibility. She, and many other employees are exhausted by the moral conflicts of the position she is in, and will be looking to support corporations that value their integrity in future, once this pandemic blows over. 

EdubsinYEG
I've been here awhile
Same experience this week. Highly suspicious request for 2 pieces of ID. Wasn’t willing despite seemingly good offer. Stay away.

mgkind
I've been around
It is odd somebody calling you at 8:30pm and asking about how you are feeling about the home internet service, reading your personal information and asking to confirm it- there was a background noise as if he was calling from outside- there was no caller ID, so you don’t even know who the heck is on the other side of the call- thank you I don’t want a promotion. And please don’t share my personal information with third parties. I don’t think anyone wants to be contacted this way.

AshleyDoyle
I've been around
I have been called for a week straight (only weekdays) from Rogers Comm. I thought it was a reminder that my bill was past due and once I paid the outstanding amount, the calls would cease. However, yesterday when they called, I answered and it rang. Thought this was strange; they had called me, so why was it ringing? Once the ringing ended, there was dead air and then the line disconnected. Today, the same thing happened; I picked up the phone when it rang, it ringed and went to dead air before the line disconnected.

Today, I decided to call them back. However when I redialed, it said Zedd communications. Strange, I thought, the caller ID had said Rogers Comm. When I looked at my phone call history, the caller ID had changed to the phone number. I redialled again, this time listening to the message that played. I googled Zedd Communications, found this communications board, and decided to reach out to Zedd Communications directly via their phone number on their website.

Since there was no operator, I decided to leave an informational voicemail message, basically informing them of their phone practises of the past few days. I don’t know if other Rogers customers who have experienced Zedd Communications phone practices should do the same, but I am just sharing my experience. We’ll see what happens next.

Greetings and welcome to our Community @AshleyDoyle!

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It's possible there's an issue with their calling system that's generating these outbound calls in error.

If these calls persist and you are bothered by these calls, please PM us @CommunityHelps and we will further assist. If you're not familiar with our PMing system, you can find instructions on how it works here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

JRhodes
I've been around
Yes!!! This!!! In no way did I authorize Rogers to sell my information to 3rd parties. The CRTC demands that major carriers share their infrastructure NOT their cl8eny information. I told "Zedd" after they had called 4 times in one week to please take me off their list. I am baffled that Rogers would invite competitors to their client data. I feel this is a breach of my contract with Rogers and if I get one more call I will he contacting head office at Rogers to resolve or absolve me of my contract.

Teddybear1
I've been around
I’ve been getting numerous calls a week from Zedd. Haven’t been able to answer either time - and now I want to know if it’s a scam or not ? I Mean It gets me a great deal - that . ya - but Not into scamming ! Anyone know if they are legit ?

EdubsinYEG
I've been here awhile
Same experience. Sounded like a scam so I bailed. Should never need two pieces of ID. Was worried about identity theft.

gvo
I plan to stick around

I just got same numebr call from this company, phone rings shows rogers I picked up because I was complaining not able to see my plan details on Myrogers, keep receiving a suspicious  email every month remind me due date is approching without account number and detail, I thought probably rogers is trying to get touch with me to solve these issues but , i didn't expext to receive such call,   I have somany issues and in return I get a call from a suspicious company and even more strange  is that a lady say hello after i picked up and call disconnected it is really like a robotcall,however I thought it also could be  bad reception so I called back it says Zedd, i mean seriouly ? what is wrong with rogers ?, very terrible feeling, i am with rogers since 2006, but since 2020 i have to say the Myrogers website ,the app the privacy protection from rogers are all very disappointing, when i call in agents are ok , nice customer service but they know nothing can't help me at all , and today when i log into my account i  still can't see my bill yet , things are getting worse. all my issues are not solved and new issues are piling up. 

MPG
I've been around

I received a promotional offer yesterday from a number # 855-318-1958 displayed as  ROGERS. When I answered I was told they are a marketing company called Zedd working on behalf of Rogers to provide better customer solutions . They were offering a better price and I became interested.  When I was asked for 2 pieces of ID , I became curious and asked why they did not have that information on file. I was told it is a different area.  In my weakest moment I provided the information. I was to received a follow up email. I have not heard from them since and they can only be reached by leaving a message. Has anyone had this experience? I might have been scammed.

bliu88
I've been around

I'm getting calls daily from this number and they just keep hanging up on me.

Startca1
I've been around

Same thing has been happening to us for the past week or so, 4 or 5 times a day, we answer and they just hang up.  We cancelled our Rogers service several months ago and now keep getting these calls.  Maybe we are being harassed as a punishment for cancelling our service.

PandeyK
I've been here awhile

Hi @MPG ,

Could you update about your experience on that call from   # 855-318-1958 ?   Did you get the promotion finally or Was it a scam finally?

Angent
I've been around
Scam getting calls daily from this number. I finally blocked them. If you want a Roger promotion go directly to their client retention department.....
Topic Stats