cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade which may lead to permanent deletion

AreBe
I've been around

RogersIT <misthios@rogers.com>

Mon., Jan. 31 at 11:34 a.m.

Dearr User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade which may lead to permanent deletion of your account from our data-Base. You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within 48hrs of receiving this automated mail. 

Please kindly follow the link below to update your account:

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.  

Sincerely,
The Rogers Mail Secure Team.

***Added Labels***
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade which may lead to permanent dele

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is a scam. Feel free to ignore it and/or report it to abuse@rogers.com

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Is-it-a-scam/m-p/488740#M1912

As noted in the above link, there are several signs of a scam in the e-mail:  

- weird sender address

- misspelled Dearr

- misspelled database

- reference to a financial institution.

- threatening language

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade which may lead to permanent dele

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is a scam. Feel free to ignore it and/or report it to abuse@rogers.com

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Is-it-a-scam/m-p/488740#M1912

As noted in the above link, there are several signs of a scam in the e-mail:  

- weird sender address

- misspelled Dearr

- misspelled database

- reference to a financial institution.

- threatening language

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I concur. everything 57 said is correct, its a SCAM

EAM15
I've been around
What do you do if you clicked on that email? I am no longer receiving any emails into my mail account?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@EAM15 : See my post on the topic below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Rogers-Email-Instructing-me-to...

If you clicked, your account may have been hacked. Any contacts you had in your account may start receiving spam as though it's coming from you.  You need to change your passwords at the least. You may need to open a new e-mail account and advise all your contacts that you've been hacked on your old e-mail and to start using the new one.  You may need to contact Rogers to straighten things out. Go in stages.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation