cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

Keeper4evr
I've been here awhile

I received a Roaming Rogers account notification email that someone requested a user name change. I am trying to figure out if the email is legit or not. Everything seems to look like it is from Rogers. How can I tell if it's a scam or not?

***EDITED LABELS***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is this a scam?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you can provide a screenshot that would help. Remove any personal information before posting.  Here are the tips regarding scams:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Rogers-Email-Instructing-me-to...

You can contact Rogers directly without using any links in the email.

https://www.rogers.com/contact

To add a screenshot to a post, click the camera icon above the square where you write the text and follow the instructions.

Keeper4evr
I've been here awhile
Thank you, I ended up contacting Rogers and reported it to their abuse email and sending screen shots. This email to me seemed totally legit in every aspect so I'm glad I did my due diligence 1st.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for the update. Can you post a screenshot here so that others can be aware of this particular one? There are several going around.

Keeper4evr
I've been here awhile
Sorry not sure how to add the screen shot on here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As stated in my posts a couple of posts up,"To add a screenshot to a post, click the camera icon above the square where you write the text and follow the instructions".  This assumes you are using a computer/browser to compose the post. If you're using a tablet or phone and a mobile browser, you need to switch to "Desktop Mode/Version" to see the camera icon in the mobile browser. Each device has different instructions on how to switch to this mode, so you may need to look that up on the web.

Edit - make sure you don't include any personal information in the screenshot.  Thanks.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation