cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify your number text message

ryankeaveney
I plan to stick around

Hi - I received this text this evening. I did not request a change to my contact number.

Your contact number has been updated. Verify your number via this link:
rogers.com/v?uuid=[removed link]
If you ’re not updating a Rogers contact number, or have already verified it, please ignore this message.

Is this a legitimate Rogers text message?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Verify your number text message

RogersZia

Good evening @ryankeaveney,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad you've reached out to verify. This is definitely a spam message. We wouldn't ask you to verify sensitive personal information via SMS. If you'd like, you can forward the content of the SMS to 7726 (SPAM), to register it for investigation and blocking from the Rogers  network. The messages sent to 7726 are analysed in batches as they are received. 

As always please be diligent about sharing your personal or financial information online or with unknown senders/numbers. No matter how "legitimate" it may seem. 

RogersZia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersZia

Good evening @ryankeaveney,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad you've reached out to verify. This is definitely a spam message. We wouldn't ask you to verify sensitive personal information via SMS. If you'd like, you can forward the content of the SMS to 7726 (SPAM), to register it for investigation and blocking from the Rogers  network. The messages sent to 7726 are analysed in batches as they are received. 

As always please be diligent about sharing your personal or financial information online or with unknown senders/numbers. No matter how "legitimate" it may seem. 

RogersZia

ryankeaveney
I plan to stick around
Thank you! I’ve forwarded the textmessage to the number you’ve provided. Stay safe!

I received this message tonight... Your contact number has been updated. Verify your number via this link:
rogers.com/v?uuid=...
If you ’re not updating a Rogers contact number, or have already verified it, please ignore this message.

It came in the same series of messages with previous data limit messages etc that are legit, I don’t recall updating or changing my contact info. Thanks

Got the similar message last night.

Hello @AreJay and @briansu2002,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I always think it's a good idea to verify before you accidentally end up sharing personal information with an unknown party. We will not ask you to verify sensitive personal information via SMS. It's best to be wary of sharing your personal or financial information online especially with unknown senders/numbers.

Please check out the Accepted Solution  to learn how to report these text messages. 

RogersZia

MSRoth
I've been around

I received 2 back to back last night from 6507. they said "Your Rogers code is ****, but I did not need a code... 

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation