cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interuption Emails - Phishing?

Hanket
I've been here awhile

In last two weeks I received two emails advising of temporary interruptions, yet there was no interruption occurring! Phishing?

The emails were from rogers@e.rogers.com and I chose not to connect.through the link provided.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Service Interuption Emails - Phishing?

RogersMaude

Good looking out @Hanket! You did the right thing by staying vigilant.

Always be wary of slightly altered websites or email addresses, and emails with spelling and grammatical errors. In this case, even if the address seems legitimate, "@e.rogers.com" is not an actual official email we'd contact you from.

If you suspect the email you received to be phishing, don't respond to it, never provide personal information to the sender nor forward it to others. Avoid clicking on any links or attachments included within the email. 

Forward the email to abuse@rogers.com including a brief description of the issue and, if you can, copy and paste the full email headers above the body of the forwarded email.

Thank you for raising awareness and let us know if you have questions!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Service Interuption Emails - Phishing?

RogersMaude

Good looking out @Hanket! You did the right thing by staying vigilant.

Always be wary of slightly altered websites or email addresses, and emails with spelling and grammatical errors. In this case, even if the address seems legitimate, "@e.rogers.com" is not an actual official email we'd contact you from.

If you suspect the email you received to be phishing, don't respond to it, never provide personal information to the sender nor forward it to others. Avoid clicking on any links or attachments included within the email. 

Forward the email to abuse@rogers.com including a brief description of the issue and, if you can, copy and paste the full email headers above the body of the forwarded email.

Thank you for raising awareness and let us know if you have questions!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation