cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Text about Upgrade - Spam or Real?

sarahmercedes
I've been here awhile

Hello; has anyone received a message like this one below? Is this spam or really from Rogers? It's oddly specific to be spam because it has my name and the blacked out portion is the address of the closest Rogers store to where I live. But I'm concerned because the link doesn't even say "Rogers". I've deleted the message, but I wanted to ask just in case. 

Thank you!

0D145B87-CFEA-4A1A-911E-E1FC769286B7_1_201_a.jpeg

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Text about Upgrade - Spam or Real?

RogersYasmine

Hello @sarahmercedes!

Thank you for your first post! 👍

I can advise that this is in fact legitimate.  Customers can receive targeted offers (i.e. hardware upgrade, additional line) via your local Rogers store.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersYasmine

Hello @sarahmercedes!

Thank you for your first post! 👍

I can advise that this is in fact legitimate.  Customers can receive targeted offers (i.e. hardware upgrade, additional line) via your local Rogers store.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Thank you so much for your help!

Gate420
I plan to stick around

MotoeScreenshot32.png

I marked it as spam when I was getting some phone calls from some scammer with the same area code si was blocking and reporting the numbers. I ordered a new phone on Rogers I haven't gotten a tracking number yet and there is a store up at that mall. I just have some doubts the timing of it is really strange and could be a coincidence or did Rogers tell this guy to get in touch? I don't know, what do you all think?

Hello, @Gate420.

Thanks for being part of the Rogers Community; we are so glad you are here. You can't be too careful these days amid ongoing scams; thank you for being diligent. 

As noted in the solution post, the text you received is not a scam. However, it's recommended not to access any links or respond to similar messages for security reasons. 

You can book an appointment and drop in at the Huronia Mall. Also, you can log in to your MyRogers to check your exclusive offers. You can also send us a private message at @CommunityHelps for your account support. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Alikatu
I've been here awhile
I get these messages from my local Rogers store, from Lena. I was very wary at first but, over time, she has become my trusted advisor. She started with reaching out to me using this scripted text message.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have gotten text messages from rogers store too, perhaps it was to do with it being a corporate store?  I know I can request to be placed on rogers internal do not contact list, and corporate stores should comply  with that since they are part of the same company, but if a third party authorized affiliate store would be contacting me, then that is something i would question why they are doing that, that could raise some flags

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation