Rogers Solution Refund

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Solution Refund

Through just about any reverse lookup site, while you cant always find the USER name specifically, you can find out what the number is registered to ROGERS or another carrier.

Its very unlikely that rogers is selling or giving away that info.

These spam places just collect numbers and send stuff out to them.

People complain all the time that their number was 'sold' to all these random spam callers, etc.

It can even be as simple as a AUTODIALER.
Calls 555-1234
Then 555-1235, etc
Even something like that.. if they sent out a FAKE rogers text/phone call.. so the person is on bell and disregards it?  Who cares.. as long as some of them end up at a rogers person, who may end up FALLING for it.

I've Been Around

Just got a text from 613.451.0272

Just got a text. It links to "gsm-ro.cxx".

And then it states that I have been overbilled 75.xx.

After reading posts above, I stopped. Just bringing the number to attention.

I've Been Around

My wife and I got the same text, promptly sent my kids texts telling them to be aware of the scam.

I've Been Around

Just reporting a spam incident... Currently using this phone number (438) 989-0021

Hello, @MarkandJoanne and @RDNgirl,

It's great that you were both able to spot those spam messages, as they're getting more and more tricky these days.

As @RogersCorey mentioned previously in this post, please forward any spam/scam text messages you receive to 7726 and we can submit it for assessment and review, and then block it if it's indeed deemed SPAM.

Stay diligent!

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

I also got a text message saying a money transfer refund is now available. When I clicked on it, it says select the bank and receive $110.50
Clearly a scam. Be wary folks.

I've Been Around

Please I got a text message from this no 416-271-1654 saying your mobility provider is refunding me $87.68 through interac . I want to know of this is a scam or is genuine. So I can go ahead with the interac or I delete the message.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffnwoko45

Do not reply to that text or open any link. It's a scam.
I've Been Around

I received the attached text message this morning. Link takes you to a legit looking e-transfer page. I have not taken any further action. Please advise. 474D7B66-148B-47FA-970B-780A09195F5D.jpeg

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @NadineAlice,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum! 

This is most certainly spam, please disregard it. As @RogersCorey mentioned previously in this post, please forward any spam/scam text messages you receive to 7726 and we can submit it for assessment and review, and then block it if it's indeed deemed SPAM.

RogersCilio