cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Door to Door sales or fraud?

stiff
I plan to stick around

Today two gentlemen came to my door. They were wearing red jackets with the word ROGERS embodied on them. They stated they were from ROGERS, and that ROGERS had been doing some upgrades to the lines in my area. Then pivoted and said 'But you are with BELL correct?' At this point I closed my door on them.

First: I haven't seen any rogers work in my area for a very long time.
Second.: If this was a door to door campaign from ROGERS to sell their services, should they not already know that I am a ROGERS customer??? They were carrying a tablet with wifi. Surly a big company such a ROGERS would NOT send people randomly door to door soliciting customers, without said people knowing who is and who isn't already customer?

I have also had phone calls from call centers that claimed to be from Rogers, wanting to solicit Rogers products, yet they too are oblivious to the fact I AM ALREADY a Rogers customer.

If ROGERS is sending random people to random houses without any knowledge of the random persons house they are soliciting, I must say that ROGERS actions are in EXTREMLY in poor taste. Should this be real and not fraud (I SUSPECT MOST CASES THESE ARE LEGIT PEOPLE ON BEHALF OF ROGERS) Is there a list you can put me on so as to STOP RECIEVING THE CALLS AND THE DOOR TO DOOR SALESMEN? 
Thank you
And If a ROGERS employee could reply to this this post in the open that would be great...
Thank You
(And yes any sarcasm or irony in this message was on purpose, As I believe ROGERS IS sending random door to door people and calling from foreign call centers)

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Door to Door sales or fraud?

RogersMoin

Hello, @stiff.

Thank you for being our Community member and for sharing your recent experience. 

While the work may not always be visible, our network team may be investigating issues such as signal noise, which could explain the presence of our reps in your area without specific information about your services. The other possibility is that they were field sales reps with no knowledge of your services, which is indeed disappointing. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We can request your address be removed from the field sales and look into adding your number to the internal do-not-call list. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMoin

Hello, @stiff.

Thank you for being our Community member and for sharing your recent experience. 

While the work may not always be visible, our network team may be investigating issues such as signal noise, which could explain the presence of our reps in your area without specific information about your services. The other possibility is that they were field sales reps with no knowledge of your services, which is indeed disappointing. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We can request your address be removed from the field sales and look into adding your number to the internal do-not-call list. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

stiff
I plan to stick around

Thank you!
I will send a message as suggested.
I also apologize for the tone of my email, as it was a little disrespectful.
Thanks again

Chris107
I've been around

This exact thing happened to me. Right now. Word for Word. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation