cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Scam - As Rogers Customer Service

Alpha-2033
I've been around

Good Morning!

I wanted to quickly get this out as I have unfortunately been a victim of a scam. I was called by this number: +1 (833) 425 2387 unknown number and was told that because I have moved my services with Rogers to another provider that I was eligible for a better deal, regarding my phone plan. I did switch providers and at the moment was not too alarmed. This occurred on May 7th at around 4:37pm. The next day for whatever reason I check the phone number online and of course, no surprise it turns out to be a Phishing scam, it was too late at this point and have compromised my personal information. Whoever this person or group of people are, they were using some sort of voice changer to make the voice sound more North American than any other nationality. Regardless, I have left a voice mail to the fraud team at Rogers and was told to come here and leave a message. I'm taking the next steps to change passwords, call credit card providers and call the Canadian Anti- Fraud Call Centre and Consumer Protection Ontario to report this. Please be safe guys. 

***Added Labels***

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Phone Scam - As Rogers Customer Service

stvyy9
I've been around

just don't answer the phone when it is a strange #.....if it is important they will leave a message

Zohanaiderak
I've been here awhile
I verified this number does belong to rogers outbound sales team

@Zohanaiderak wrote:
I verified this number does belong to rogers outbound sales team

If you're talking about 1 (833) 425 2387, please do a web search for that phone number.  Although it may be tied to Rogers Winback team, you will see that the number is tied to many scammers because any number can be spoofed (look it up).  Therefore be very careful, especially if you haven't recently left Rogers.

See: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud/How-to-Avoid-Caller-ID-Spoofing-and-Spam-C...

GaryS2
I've been around

I am continually receiving calls from 888-397-9638  Identified as spam but they are relentless

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GaryS2 Most phones have an option to block a caller.  This is true of cordless home phones with a call block feature, or using Rogers online manager with home phone (I found it cumbersome), or an app on a cell phone. The incoming call may still ring once while call display confirms the block.

Topic Stats