cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

jluublue
I've been here awhile

Just received this text today, and I've made a point of not clicking on any of the links. I'm assuming it's a scam and am looking for confirmation.IMG_2003.PNGIMG_2002.PNG

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this a scam?

jluublue
I've been here awhile

The name is correct, and I did sign in from my desktop but there was nothing mentioning the offer advertised in the text. So yes, it looks legit, but I find it strange that there's no loyalty reward mentioned in my account or anywhere on the Rogers website.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. I'm assuming your name is Matthew?

2. Rather than using the link, go to the Rogers signin page and sign in there. The offer should then be there for you?

In other words, it looks legit.

jluublue
I've been here awhile

The name is correct, and I did sign in from my desktop but there was nothing mentioning the offer advertised in the text. So yes, it looks legit, but I find it strange that there's no loyalty reward mentioned in my account or anywhere on the Rogers website.

jluublue
I've been here awhile

Oh, I just found it! Turns out it is real! Thanks!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it looks like a legit SMS, and comes from a 4 digit shortcode instead of a random 416 or 905 number,  and the url is a well known url for rogers, its not some mysterious link but  always safe to go to the rogers website and sign in on your desktop computer to be safe, I  still do this

tiffany-75
I've been around

Rogers svc msg: Hi Tiffany, we want to thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer. To show our appreciation, we are giving you an extra 5GB of free monthly data renewed every month for the next 15 months 🎁.

To redeem, simply sign in to your MyRogers account at rogers.com/signin, find your exclusive reward and click "Get this offer". That's all there is to it!

Thank you for choosing Rogers! Questions? Visit  rogers.com/yourreward or rogers.com/contact

Just curios is this is real because I closed text, went to my rogers website to check it out and cannot find anything even close to "yourrewards"
Thanks 😊

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tiffany-75 : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread. It also looks like the original poster was able to find the offer. You may wish to have another look around...

Zigman
I've been around
Where exactly did you find it

LiveAgent
I've been around

I got an Exclusive Offer too for 30MB I claimed it instantly!

But I just got ANOTHER one for 5MB - If I claim it will it overwrite the first one?

Waiting for the last 2 hours to talk to an agent (thru Anna) to find out - dealing with CS is an absolute joke!

Good evening @LiveAgent,

Welcome to the Community!

That's a good question, typically the data offers are stackable. When you accept the offer it should give you a prompt about any current features getting impacted. If you'd like us to take a closer look into the offer for you please send us a PM @CommunityHelps

You can check out this blog to learn more about our private message system.

RogersZia

Where did you find it, can you please let us know? Thanks!

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 in conversation